Can you dye or color white dirty looking grout if it has no sealer on it?
floor or wall grout sanded or non sanded. wall grout it would be just as easy to scrape with grout removal tool and regrout with desired color.floor grout is tougher and would be time consuming but the same process sould be used as most grouts today have sealers in them already. another alternative is to get a comercial type grout cleaner and clean the grout but follow directions
Muriatic acid is great for cleaning wall or floor grout - but follow the instructions exactly as it is acid and can be dangerous.
As stated in one of the responses, muriatic acid can be dangerous, so you may want to try something safer if you really just want the grout to look white again. If so, try SNAP Cream Scouring Cleanser from our 'Home Care Store' at www.shopEZ.unfranchise.com. If you want to use the Muriactic Acid, you should check out ClearShield from the 'Personal Care Store' at www.shopEZ.unfranchise.com. This product is used in our lab at work to protect people from caustic acids, muriatic acid, sulfuric acid, etc. I've someone demonstrate it by pouring muriactic acid on his hands while holding tin foil. The tin foil disintegrated and his hands were fine! Still be careful and use as directed. Good luck.
Best way to clean grout?
barnboard floors that need grout repair
removing grout /plaster mixture from face brick in k...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda