Can you dye or color white dirty looking grout if it has no sealer on it?
floor or wall grout sanded or non sanded. wall grout it would be just as easy to scrape with grout removal tool and regrout with desired color.floor grout is tougher and would be time consuming but the same process sould be used as most grouts today have sealers in them already. another alternative is to get a comercial type grout cleaner and clean the grout but follow directions
Muriatic acid is great for cleaning wall or floor grout - but follow the instructions exactly as it is acid and can be dangerous.
As stated in one of the responses, muriatic acid can be dangerous, so you may want to try something safer if you really just want the grout to look white again. If so, try SNAP Cream Scouring Cleanser from our 'Home Care Store' at www.shopEZ.unfranchise.com. If you want to use the Muriactic Acid, you should check out ClearShield from the 'Personal Care Store' at www.shopEZ.unfranchise.com. This product is used in our lab at work to protect people from caustic acids, muriatic acid, sulfuric acid, etc. I've someone demonstrate it by pouring muriactic acid on his hands while holding tin foil. The tin foil disintegrated and his hands were fine! Still be careful and use as directed. Good luck.
Best way to clean grout?
barnboard floors that need grout repair
removing grout /plaster mixture from face brick in k...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!