I have built a 20' X 30' deck that I left my rail posts high for a future roof. I'm thinking of building a shed style roof so my questions are pretty easy.
1. What size ledger board should I use?
2. What size trusses should I use? I've been told 2 X 8's.
3. Do I need to support the trusses with another board that is attached to the house? Like a second ledger board?
4. I also have a 2 X 12 pitch, live in southern MD. I've also been told to use ice paper for my roofing paper. Is this true?
5. Does anyone have a rough drawing to show me the pieces needed for making the roof?
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries