Last night I think I put too much in the garbage disposal when the dishwasher was running. Water backed up in to the sinks (dual kitchen). When the dishwasher was finished I took off the trap under the sink cleaned it out then cleaned out the outlet going to the main drain in to the wall and then ran water with a bucket underneath the drain and turned on the garbage disposal. Nothing backed up so I assumed it was not the garbage disposal. But when I put it back together the drain backed up again. So where's the clog? The hose going to the dishwasher or the outlet going in to the wall?
Since you cleaned the trap and the outlet to the main, the only thing left is the main drain going to the sewer line. You can try to use a plunger on the main bowl. You will need to cover up the other bowl drain with a piece of rubber, unless it is also full of water. If that fails then purchase a hand held auger and run it down the main drain once you remove the trap and inlet pipe. They are not that expensive and you will probably use it many times again.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes