I saw the show about the Aquastar tankless heater and I am interested in hearing from anyone who has them installed. Are they working well? Are they worth the cost? Are they happy with them?
You can purchase online at their site: http://www.controlledenergy.com/. Probably can locate a local resaler such as Home Depot. Good Luck.
I have the Aquastar 125FX and would advise caution if you are on a well.The pump cycling on and off can cause moderate to bad temperature fluctuation and in the shower that can literally be a pain.The cure is a neat gadget called a cyclestop valve which will add $100-$180 cost to the deal.Just tweaking the system didn't work.
I installed one that we got from ******* . It has worked flawlesly now, and I am on a well also. the pressure through it is a little weak though since it is going from 3/4" pipe down to 1/2", so I cant use it for the whole house. It does work nicely though for filling my new Jacuzzi whirlpool tub, and the shower gets hot water for as long as I want it, also great for filling my water bed, no more waiting for the water heater to recharge. As long as your system is properly sized for the house you wont have pressure fluctuations. We have a 4 bath home and the pressure tank is huge, so the pressure stays steady at 60 PSI with or without a pump. One of the nice things about it, you can put it anywhere and since they have a power vent kit for it, you dont need a chimney either.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!