I saw the show about the Aquastar tankless heater and I am interested in hearing from anyone who has them installed. Are they working well? Are they worth the cost? Are they happy with them?
You can purchase online at their site: http://www.controlledenergy.com/. Probably can locate a local resaler such as Home Depot. Good Luck.
I have the Aquastar 125FX and would advise caution if you are on a well.The pump cycling on and off can cause moderate to bad temperature fluctuation and in the shower that can literally be a pain.The cure is a neat gadget called a cyclestop valve which will add $100-$180 cost to the deal.Just tweaking the system didn't work.
I installed one that we got from ******* . It has worked flawlesly now, and I am on a well also. the pressure through it is a little weak though since it is going from 3/4" pipe down to 1/2", so I cant use it for the whole house. It does work nicely though for filling my new Jacuzzi whirlpool tub, and the shower gets hot water for as long as I want it, also great for filling my water bed, no more waiting for the water heater to recharge. As long as your system is properly sized for the house you wont have pressure fluctuations. We have a 4 bath home and the pressure tank is huge, so the pressure stays steady at 60 PSI with or without a pump. One of the nice things about it, you can put it anywhere and since they have a power vent kit for it, you dont need a chimney either.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes