I saw the show about the Aquastar tankless heater and I am interested in hearing from anyone who has them installed. Are they working well? Are they worth the cost? Are they happy with them?
You can purchase online at their site: http://www.controlledenergy.com/. Probably can locate a local resaler such as Home Depot. Good Luck.
I have the Aquastar 125FX and would advise caution if you are on a well.The pump cycling on and off can cause moderate to bad temperature fluctuation and in the shower that can literally be a pain.The cure is a neat gadget called a cyclestop valve which will add $100-$180 cost to the deal.Just tweaking the system didn't work.
I installed one that we got from ******* . It has worked flawlesly now, and I am on a well also. the pressure through it is a little weak though since it is going from 3/4" pipe down to 1/2", so I cant use it for the whole house. It does work nicely though for filling my new Jacuzzi whirlpool tub, and the shower gets hot water for as long as I want it, also great for filling my water bed, no more waiting for the water heater to recharge. As long as your system is properly sized for the house you wont have pressure fluctuations. We have a 4 bath home and the pressure tank is huge, so the pressure stays steady at 60 PSI with or without a pump. One of the nice things about it, you can put it anywhere and since they have a power vent kit for it, you dont need a chimney either.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!