how can i remove a 60"steel tub that fits almost perfectly between the walls without tearing out all the drywall. Can it be broken up somehow?
I had to remove our tub a few years back and I tell you it weighed a ton to move, had to get help. Forget about trying to cut it up you would be there forever and this could be dangerous. We had to remove the panels/plastic from around the tub. Once this was done we had to cut with a reciprocating saw around the sides as the last owner glued it down to a rail around the sides of the tub. In the end it was easier to just pull the wall down and put up a new one that was made to handle water. You don't know what you may find when you start to remove the tub. Believe me it's not that bad to put up drywall.If the tub is in need of repair such as the porcelain broke or cracked this can be fixed without removing the tub.
thanks. I got brave and bashed the tub half to death with a sledge hammer. The front wall of tub separated from the top ledge and this gave me just enough clearnance to wriggle it till I could get it on end and out the door. also, two of us were able to carry it easily down the steps since it was now lighter. I only have minor drywall repairs to do.
Is it not amazing what we can come up with in the end. But two piece tub ? That one surprises me. We have a cast iron tub but it is all one piece but it is only a few years old. I have to look into that.
Incredibly loud bathtub drain
whitish water spotting - can water be oversoftened?
new bathtub plumbing
bathrub leaking from around base
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects