how can i remove a 60"steel tub that fits almost perfectly between the walls without tearing out all the drywall. Can it be broken up somehow?
I had to remove our tub a few years back and I tell you it weighed a ton to move, had to get help. Forget about trying to cut it up you would be there forever and this could be dangerous. We had to remove the panels/plastic from around the tub. Once this was done we had to cut with a reciprocating saw around the sides as the last owner glued it down to a rail around the sides of the tub. In the end it was easier to just pull the wall down and put up a new one that was made to handle water. You don't know what you may find when you start to remove the tub. Believe me it's not that bad to put up drywall.If the tub is in need of repair such as the porcelain broke or cracked this can be fixed without removing the tub.
thanks. I got brave and bashed the tub half to death with a sledge hammer. The front wall of tub separated from the top ledge and this gave me just enough clearnance to wriggle it till I could get it on end and out the door. also, two of us were able to carry it easily down the steps since it was now lighter. I only have minor drywall repairs to do.
Is it not amazing what we can come up with in the end. But two piece tub ? That one surprises me. We have a cast iron tub but it is all one piece but it is only a few years old. I have to look into that.
Incredibly loud bathtub drain
whitish water spotting - can water be oversoftened?
new bathtub plumbing
bathrub leaking from around base
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING