how can i remove a 60"steel tub that fits almost perfectly between the walls without tearing out all the drywall. Can it be broken up somehow?
I had to remove our tub a few years back and I tell you it weighed a ton to move, had to get help. Forget about trying to cut it up you would be there forever and this could be dangerous. We had to remove the panels/plastic from around the tub. Once this was done we had to cut with a reciprocating saw around the sides as the last owner glued it down to a rail around the sides of the tub. In the end it was easier to just pull the wall down and put up a new one that was made to handle water. You don't know what you may find when you start to remove the tub. Believe me it's not that bad to put up drywall.If the tub is in need of repair such as the porcelain broke or cracked this can be fixed without removing the tub.
thanks. I got brave and bashed the tub half to death with a sledge hammer. The front wall of tub separated from the top ledge and this gave me just enough clearnance to wriggle it till I could get it on end and out the door. also, two of us were able to carry it easily down the steps since it was now lighter. I only have minor drywall repairs to do.
Is it not amazing what we can come up with in the end. But two piece tub ? That one surprises me. We have a cast iron tub but it is all one piece but it is only a few years old. I have to look into that.
Incredibly loud bathtub drain
whitish water spotting - can water be oversoftened?
new bathtub plumbing
bathrub leaking from around base
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!