how can i remove a 60"steel tub that fits almost perfectly between the walls without tearing out all the drywall. Can it be broken up somehow?
I had to remove our tub a few years back and I tell you it weighed a ton to move, had to get help. Forget about trying to cut it up you would be there forever and this could be dangerous. We had to remove the panels/plastic from around the tub. Once this was done we had to cut with a reciprocating saw around the sides as the last owner glued it down to a rail around the sides of the tub. In the end it was easier to just pull the wall down and put up a new one that was made to handle water. You don't know what you may find when you start to remove the tub. Believe me it's not that bad to put up drywall.If the tub is in need of repair such as the porcelain broke or cracked this can be fixed without removing the tub.
thanks. I got brave and bashed the tub half to death with a sledge hammer. The front wall of tub separated from the top ledge and this gave me just enough clearnance to wriggle it till I could get it on end and out the door. also, two of us were able to carry it easily down the steps since it was now lighter. I only have minor drywall repairs to do.
Is it not amazing what we can come up with in the end. But two piece tub ? That one surprises me. We have a cast iron tub but it is all one piece but it is only a few years old. I have to look into that.
Incredibly loud bathtub drain
whitish water spotting - can water be oversoftened?
new bathtub plumbing
bathrub leaking from around base
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?