Replaced an old water heater with a new 40 gal. gas water heater. Used new water pipe port adaptors (3/4 npt to 3/4 copper)in the tank ports. After cleaning the threads I applied teflon tape to the threads and tightened the adaptors tight. After heating the water heater up to temperature (130 deg) I have a very, very small leak coming through the tank port threads (both hot and cold). What is my problem ?? I am a fairly experienced do it yourselfer.
Hello and welcome to the forums. Your problem is easy to fix. The adapters coming off the HWH are not tight enough. You will have to cut the pipes, retighten the adapters with a large adjustable wrench, and install (2) CxC slip couplings and resolder. Use PIPE DOPE on the male threads only. It's possible you miswrapped your teflon tape. When you use dope, you can't go wrong.
Water heater installation help.
hot water return line issue / valve tips?
Hydronic Heat, Indirect Water Heater, No Hot Water, ...
Water Heater Leak
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs