I purchased a new hot water heater and it has been installed for 2 days, but it does not seem to perform as well as the previous heater did when new..
The new heater is a 40 gal heater, (same as the old one), has 2-4500 watt elements,(same as the old one), has 5 settings for temperature control, factory preset-120F,
Setting A-Approx 130F, Setting B-Approx 140F, Setting C-Approx 150F and lastly, VERY HOT-Approx 160F..
It was set at Setting C-(150F),but when you measure the temp of the water coming from the tap, it only registers about 125 degrees, and doesn't come anywhere close to being as hot as my old heater, which I had set at 160..
I am going to move the thermostats up to 160, but can't see how a 10 degree variance can make that much difference in the temperature of the water that is coming from the tap now...
Could this be a effort by the manufacturer to encourage to run water heaters at a lower temp?..(By actually heating the water to a lesser degree than the thermostat setting is labeled at.-ie: 150F actually only heating to 125F?
Is this a possibility, or could it have a defective element that is not heating properly?..
Any advice will be greatly appreciated..
I am 70 years old and everything that I have to replace now, is about 1/2 of the quality of the items that we used to buy and three times as expensive!
120 degrees is the factory setting to prevent scalding. 140 if you have a D/W. Anything higher is not recommended. My advice to you is: Since the water heater is still new and under warranty, call for service. They will check the elements with a VOhm meter. You never know, they might just be faulty. Your warranty should be 1 year on parts and 6 years on the tank, depending on what make and model you purchased.
Another hot water heater problem
HELP..Warm water to back of house, checked faucets....
fumes and hot water heater
hot water heater
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs