I wanna take a hot shower in my own home!!!
The water coming out of the bathtub faucet is lukewarm at best, unless someone flushes the toilet for me while I'm in there. :D
I can get hot water out of the sink faucet, and I can get hot water in other parts of the house. It's been a gradual change. I noticed it was a little cool a few weeks ago, but chalked it up to other things (running laundry etc.)
The bathtub faucet operates with one knob that turns from hot to cold, and it's been installed at least 10 years. I've never replaced any parts, so I'm hoping that's where the problem is.
Any ideas? I'd like to have a clue about what's causing the problem even if I do end up calling a plumber.
Since you have hot water, either you have a tempering valve that is malfunctioned and admitting cold water, or you have a worn single handle faucet that does the same. Search tempering valve so you understand what this is. If you have one, it is the problem. Otherwise, faucet repair or replacement time.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Weekend Projects: DIY Thanksgiving Decor
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Forgiving Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- Bob Vila's Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- 10 Quick Fixes for a More Refreshing Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!