All of a sudden last week the hot water pressure went down in the shower stall and separate bathtub in my bathroom on the second floor of my house. The other bathroom on the second floor has great hot water pressure.
The bathroom with the problem has two sinks and both have great hot water pressure. This has baffled a plumber friend who helped change the cartridge and shower head. It's isolated only to the shower stall and separate bathtub but not the sinks in the same bathroom. We changed the cartridge and shower head in the stall, flushed the hot water line in the shower, but I am still having the problem. Any suggestions as what this could be? All other sinks in the house are fine. I'm beginning to think that something could be stuck in the pipe - but if so, why do I have good hot pressure in the sinks in the same bathroom? Please respond if possible to my email address. I need help! [email protected] Thank you!!!!
Amy212 - hi, did your plumber friend check the handle(s) for your shower? Sometimes the washers/seats for one side or the other can go bad and cause the "clog" you're describing. Or, something could've actually gotten through the water heater into the hot water line, and that particular shower is where it ended up at. Even though the cartridge was changed out, maybe there was more that needed to be done in there. I hope this helps you do a little more troubleshooting - good luck! Jim D/West Point, VA
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!