All of a sudden last week the hot water pressure went down in the shower stall and separate bathtub in my bathroom on the second floor of my house. The other bathroom on the second floor has great hot water pressure.
The bathroom with the problem has two sinks and both have great hot water pressure. This has baffled a plumber friend who helped change the cartridge and shower head. It's isolated only to the shower stall and separate bathtub but not the sinks in the same bathroom. We changed the cartridge and shower head in the stall, flushed the hot water line in the shower, but I am still having the problem. Any suggestions as what this could be? All other sinks in the house are fine. I'm beginning to think that something could be stuck in the pipe - but if so, why do I have good hot pressure in the sinks in the same bathroom? Please respond if possible to my email address. I need help! [email protected] Thank you!!!!
Amy212 - hi, did your plumber friend check the handle(s) for your shower? Sometimes the washers/seats for one side or the other can go bad and cause the "clog" you're describing. Or, something could've actually gotten through the water heater into the hot water line, and that particular shower is where it ended up at. Even though the cartridge was changed out, maybe there was more that needed to be done in there. I hope this helps you do a little more troubleshooting - good luck! Jim D/West Point, VA
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes