All of a sudden last week the hot water pressure went down in the shower stall and separate bathtub in my bathroom on the second floor of my house. The other bathroom on the second floor has great hot water pressure.
The bathroom with the problem has two sinks and both have great hot water pressure. This has baffled a plumber friend who helped change the cartridge and shower head. It's isolated only to the shower stall and separate bathtub but not the sinks in the same bathroom. We changed the cartridge and shower head in the stall, flushed the hot water line in the shower, but I am still having the problem. Any suggestions as what this could be? All other sinks in the house are fine. I'm beginning to think that something could be stuck in the pipe - but if so, why do I have good hot pressure in the sinks in the same bathroom? Please respond if possible to my email address. I need help! firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!!!!
Amy212 - hi, did your plumber friend check the handle(s) for your shower? Sometimes the washers/seats for one side or the other can go bad and cause the "clog" you're describing. Or, something could've actually gotten through the water heater into the hot water line, and that particular shower is where it ended up at. Even though the cartridge was changed out, maybe there was more that needed to be done in there. I hope this helps you do a little more troubleshooting - good luck! Jim D/West Point, VA
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!