All of a sudden last week the hot water pressure went down in the shower stall and separate bathtub in my bathroom on the second floor of my house. The other bathroom on the second floor has great hot water pressure.
The bathroom with the problem has two sinks and both have great hot water pressure. This has baffled a plumber friend who helped change the cartridge and shower head. It's isolated only to the shower stall and separate bathtub but not the sinks in the same bathroom. We changed the cartridge and shower head in the stall, flushed the hot water line in the shower, but I am still having the problem. Any suggestions as what this could be? All other sinks in the house are fine. I'm beginning to think that something could be stuck in the pipe - but if so, why do I have good hot pressure in the sinks in the same bathroom? Please respond if possible to my email address. I need help! firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!!!!
Amy212 - hi, did your plumber friend check the handle(s) for your shower? Sometimes the washers/seats for one side or the other can go bad and cause the "clog" you're describing. Or, something could've actually gotten through the water heater into the hot water line, and that particular shower is where it ended up at. Even though the cartridge was changed out, maybe there was more that needed to be done in there. I hope this helps you do a little more troubleshooting - good luck! Jim D/West Point, VA
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Sly and Surprising Spots for Handy House Storage
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight