We have never had problems with our septic system - It is cleaned once a year.
There is only my husband and I living in this house now. We work and so are not home every day until the evening - and weekends. We do laundry. We do not have a disposal in the sink.
He has lived here since 1988 going on 20 years and always threw food stuff down the sink. I have only lived here for 7 years.
Every year the guy who cleans out the septic system convinces my husband that he has to buy special "enzymes" to break down everything and keep the system "healthy". I think it is a buch of crap, excuse the pun but Whatdowomenknow. He buys the stuff and puts it in the system.
I drink one cup of coffee every morning. I use 3 level coffee scoops. I clean my small french press and put the used coffee grinds down the sink.
My husband says I am going to destroy the system and when he has to pay thousands to fix it, my fault.
Will my 3 coffee measures of used grinds daily destroy the septic system?
Drip into septic system
Please help with Septic System
Septic System - Indoor Sewer Odor
Basement Ejector Pump System ver. underground Septic...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers