We have never had problems with our septic system - It is cleaned once a year.
There is only my husband and I living in this house now. We work and so are not home every day until the evening - and weekends. We do laundry. We do not have a disposal in the sink.
He has lived here since 1988 going on 20 years and always threw food stuff down the sink. I have only lived here for 7 years.
Every year the guy who cleans out the septic system convinces my husband that he has to buy special "enzymes" to break down everything and keep the system "healthy". I think it is a buch of crap, excuse the pun but Whatdowomenknow. He buys the stuff and puts it in the system.
I drink one cup of coffee every morning. I use 3 level coffee scoops. I clean my small french press and put the used coffee grinds down the sink.
My husband says I am going to destroy the system and when he has to pay thousands to fix it, my fault.
Will my 3 coffee measures of used grinds daily destroy the septic system?
Drip into septic system
Please help with Septic System
Septic System - Indoor Sewer Odor
Basement Ejector Pump System ver. underground Septic...
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING