We have never had problems with our septic system - It is cleaned once a year.
There is only my husband and I living in this house now. We work and so are not home every day until the evening - and weekends. We do laundry. We do not have a disposal in the sink.
He has lived here since 1988 going on 20 years and always threw food stuff down the sink. I have only lived here for 7 years.
Every year the guy who cleans out the septic system convinces my husband that he has to buy special "enzymes" to break down everything and keep the system "healthy". I think it is a buch of crap, excuse the pun but Whatdowomenknow. He buys the stuff and puts it in the system.
I drink one cup of coffee every morning. I use 3 level coffee scoops. I clean my small french press and put the used coffee grinds down the sink.
My husband says I am going to destroy the system and when he has to pay thousands to fix it, my fault.
Will my 3 coffee measures of used grinds daily destroy the septic system?
Drip into septic system
Please help with Septic System
Septic System - Indoor Sewer Odor
Basement Ejector Pump System ver. underground Septic...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight