We have never had problems with our septic system - It is cleaned once a year.
There is only my husband and I living in this house now. We work and so are not home every day until the evening - and weekends. We do laundry. We do not have a disposal in the sink.
He has lived here since 1988 going on 20 years and always threw food stuff down the sink. I have only lived here for 7 years.
Every year the guy who cleans out the septic system convinces my husband that he has to buy special "enzymes" to break down everything and keep the system "healthy". I think it is a buch of crap, excuse the pun but Whatdowomenknow. He buys the stuff and puts it in the system.
I drink one cup of coffee every morning. I use 3 level coffee scoops. I clean my small french press and put the used coffee grinds down the sink.
My husband says I am going to destroy the system and when he has to pay thousands to fix it, my fault.
Will my 3 coffee measures of used grinds daily destroy the septic system?
Drip into septic system
Please help with Septic System
Septic System - Indoor Sewer Odor
Basement Ejector Pump System ver. underground Septic...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects