We have never had problems with our septic system - It is cleaned once a year.
There is only my husband and I living in this house now. We work and so are not home every day until the evening - and weekends. We do laundry. We do not have a disposal in the sink.
He has lived here since 1988 going on 20 years and always threw food stuff down the sink. I have only lived here for 7 years.
Every year the guy who cleans out the septic system convinces my husband that he has to buy special "enzymes" to break down everything and keep the system "healthy". I think it is a buch of crap, excuse the pun but Whatdowomenknow. He buys the stuff and puts it in the system.
I drink one cup of coffee every morning. I use 3 level coffee scoops. I clean my small french press and put the used coffee grinds down the sink.
My husband says I am going to destroy the system and when he has to pay thousands to fix it, my fault.
Will my 3 coffee measures of used grinds daily destroy the septic system?
Drip into septic system
Please help with Septic System
Septic System - Indoor Sewer Odor
Basement Ejector Pump System ver. underground Septic...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs