I bought a 1 bathroom, 4 bedroom ranch three months ago with a 1,750 gallon septic system that was installed in 2000. Everything passed on inspection. Three weeks into it, the toilet started spitting back toiler paper and gurgling after flushing. It quit flushing, with standing water in the bowl. Then water started pouring out the bottom of the toilet.
The sewer & drain guy came, snaked it, proclaimed something was stuck in the pipe in the basement, and promptly broke his snake on the object. He also tested the tub and sink and only the sink caused a similar backup. He proceeded to power auger the entire line from the vent cap on the roof. He claimed he hit something hard at 60', and whatever it was got shot out to the septic tank. He put the toilet back on, tested everything, and it's worked beautifully ever since with the exception of the sound of water dripping in the sewer pipe after a flush. It can be heard both upstairs in the bathroom and downstairs next to the connection.
Today, the same symptoms occurred and I have toilet meltdown again with water everywhere from the base of the toilet. Obviously, the mysterious object didn't climb back up out of the septic so before I spend another $400 for three months of hassle free plumbing...does anyone have any ideas as to what this could actually be? And should I demand that he pull the cap on the line in the basement going out to the septic this time?
HELP!! septic questions
embarrassing question about toilet paper and toilets
Trailer toilet gas trauma, yuck-peeuu!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes