Please read this knowing I am upset and I normaly am not this harsh.
I want to speak to you about something that I am extremely upset about. I specificaly wanted teak flooring in my home as I will be putting a large salt water reef display in my living room. Teak as you know is used in wet applications and ships were built of this material as the heavy oils in the wood shed water.
I purchased the wood in in may 08 at the Bolingbrook Illinois store. Not only did I ask if it was indeed Teak but I called Virginia Millworks and they told me it was in fact teak. I paid the money under the assumption that I was receiving teak. Teak has all of the properties that I needed for a floor that would have a salt water fish tank residing on it. I recently recieved a call from my brother who is a builder in chicago and he was on the LL site to find out that my floor was not even in the teak family. I called virginia millworks again,and they again said it was teak and that teak was called different things. They then called me back and said that the floor was COLORED TEAK, and was in fact a different wood. I looked at Bella wood golden teak, Again called teak, Sold as teak but a different wood again.
My wife has been battling , Lets say she has been very sick. I have done this floor because she loves teak and we needed to get the allergens from carpeting out of our home. We paid a lot of money for the teak because we thought it was teak, Very dense water repellent for the reef tank, And we have imported teak furniture.
I feel like I have been misled,Lied to and taken advantage of. I have lost trust in the flooring industry and feel now that any name can be placed on a product and sold as that product with the explaination being, Oh thats the color description and not the actual wood.
The wood species is listed on the web site. Well when I bought the wood I was not given a species list of what I was buying. I was told
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight