Please read this knowing I am upset and I normaly am not this harsh.
I want to speak to you about something that I am extremely upset about. I specificaly wanted teak flooring in my home as I will be putting a large salt water reef display in my living room. Teak as you know is used in wet applications and ships were built of this material as the heavy oils in the wood shed water.
I purchased the wood in in may 08 at the Bolingbrook Illinois store. Not only did I ask if it was indeed Teak but I called Virginia Millworks and they told me it was in fact teak. I paid the money under the assumption that I was receiving teak. Teak has all of the properties that I needed for a floor that would have a salt water fish tank residing on it. I recently recieved a call from my brother who is a builder in chicago and he was on the LL site to find out that my floor was not even in the teak family. I called virginia millworks again,and they again said it was teak and that teak was called different things. They then called me back and said that the floor was COLORED TEAK, and was in fact a different wood. I looked at Bella wood golden teak, Again called teak, Sold as teak but a different wood again.
My wife has been battling , Lets say she has been very sick. I have done this floor because she loves teak and we needed to get the allergens from carpeting out of our home. We paid a lot of money for the teak because we thought it was teak, Very dense water repellent for the reef tank, And we have imported teak furniture.
I feel like I have been misled,Lied to and taken advantage of. I have lost trust in the flooring industry and feel now that any name can be placed on a product and sold as that product with the explaination being, Oh thats the color description and not the actual wood.
The wood species is listed on the web site. Well when I bought the wood I was not given a species list of what I was buying. I was told
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!