We wanted to make a table topper for a wine barrel. This is what we've done so far: We cut 2x6 into a circular pattern attaching them with biskits (and glue I think?) and let it all set. We then cut the center portion out so that it would slide over the outer edge of the barrel (with hopes of putting a 'lazy susan' in the middle),,,
We had some old coins and foreign currency that we wanted to put on the top for decor. So, we shalacked the currency/coins to the top and let it dry overnight. (Think it sounds good, right?) Next day,,,the table top had warped some and now we do not know if it is repairable or not. It's not warped to the point of a taco shape but if you set your drink on it, chances are it could possibly tip over.
Anyhow, my husband is a retired Chief Navy Officer and these coins/currency he gained from many trips around the world are ruined if we cannot salvage this table top......CAN ANYONE HELP US??? He is about to give up hope,,,,but I'm looking for any suggestions here. I really want to make this table top work for him.
Hoping anyone out there has any ideas for us....
Thanks in advance,,,"Needing help in Bakersfield"
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!