I own a 2000 mobile home, double-wide. The walls are those thin particle board type stuff, the doors/frames are those cheap thin type, carpeting/flooring needs to be replaced. I'd like to do so much to the house, but don't know what is realistic.....any help?
single gal with NO carpentry/repair experience but willing to learn!
I am in the same situation with my mobile home! I want to change almost everything in it! So far we've put ceramic tiling around the tub and I've paited a couple rooms. The only thing that I would say is to watch your costs as a mobile's resale value does not usually increase. If you plan to do everything yourself (like we have) then I'd say "Have fun!' Also keep in mind the weight of things you want to add. Try laminate instead of hardrood floors,etc.,....cheaper too, and they look just as nice!
Me and my husband own a 1987 Redman d/w it is totally remodeled including an inground swimming pool, custom kitchen, real wood flooring. We were going to build a custom home but decided to stay because we love our location. Love to remodel and it was very manageable for us financially and physically. Its not that we couldn't afford a custom home but we live so comfortable and knew we would end up retiring in our home so didn't mind putting $ into it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Weekend Projects: DIY Thanksgiving Decor
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Forgiving Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- 10 Quick Fixes for a More Refreshing Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!