I own a 2000 mobile home, double-wide. The walls are those thin particle board type stuff, the doors/frames are those cheap thin type, carpeting/flooring needs to be replaced. I'd like to do so much to the house, but don't know what is realistic.....any help?
single gal with NO carpentry/repair experience but willing to learn!
I am in the same situation with my mobile home! I want to change almost everything in it! So far we've put ceramic tiling around the tub and I've paited a couple rooms. The only thing that I would say is to watch your costs as a mobile's resale value does not usually increase. If you plan to do everything yourself (like we have) then I'd say "Have fun!' Also keep in mind the weight of things you want to add. Try laminate instead of hardrood floors,etc.,....cheaper too, and they look just as nice!
Me and my husband own a 1987 Redman d/w it is totally remodeled including an inground swimming pool, custom kitchen, real wood flooring. We were going to build a custom home but decided to stay because we love our location. Love to remodel and it was very manageable for us financially and physically. Its not that we couldn't afford a custom home but we live so comfortable and knew we would end up retiring in our home so didn't mind putting $ into it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love