I own a 2000 mobile home, double-wide. The walls are those thin particle board type stuff, the doors/frames are those cheap thin type, carpeting/flooring needs to be replaced. I'd like to do so much to the house, but don't know what is realistic.....any help?
single gal with NO carpentry/repair experience but willing to learn!
I am in the same situation with my mobile home! I want to change almost everything in it! So far we've put ceramic tiling around the tub and I've paited a couple rooms. The only thing that I would say is to watch your costs as a mobile's resale value does not usually increase. If you plan to do everything yourself (like we have) then I'd say "Have fun!' Also keep in mind the weight of things you want to add. Try laminate instead of hardrood floors,etc.,....cheaper too, and they look just as nice!
Me and my husband own a 1987 Redman d/w it is totally remodeled including an inground swimming pool, custom kitchen, real wood flooring. We were going to build a custom home but decided to stay because we love our location. Love to remodel and it was very manageable for us financially and physically. Its not that we couldn't afford a custom home but we live so comfortable and knew we would end up retiring in our home so didn't mind putting $ into it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!