I own a 2000 mobile home, double-wide. The walls are those thin particle board type stuff, the doors/frames are those cheap thin type, carpeting/flooring needs to be replaced. I'd like to do so much to the house, but don't know what is realistic.....any help?
single gal with NO carpentry/repair experience but willing to learn!
I am in the same situation with my mobile home! I want to change almost everything in it! So far we've put ceramic tiling around the tub and I've paited a couple rooms. The only thing that I would say is to watch your costs as a mobile's resale value does not usually increase. If you plan to do everything yourself (like we have) then I'd say "Have fun!' Also keep in mind the weight of things you want to add. Try laminate instead of hardrood floors,etc.,....cheaper too, and they look just as nice!
Me and my husband own a 1987 Redman d/w it is totally remodeled including an inground swimming pool, custom kitchen, real wood flooring. We were going to build a custom home but decided to stay because we love our location. Love to remodel and it was very manageable for us financially and physically. Its not that we couldn't afford a custom home but we live so comfortable and knew we would end up retiring in our home so didn't mind putting $ into it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Prefab-ulous: 14 Jaw-Dropping Modern Homes
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Why Are "Natural" Swimming Pools Popular?
- 9 Ways of Adding Moldings to Walls
- 1 Dozen Ways to Make the Most of a Small Yard
- 13 Easy Lanterns to Make for Your Porch or Patio
- 12 Expert Tips for a Fantastic Front Yard