Vintage 1950s GE Stratoliner Electric Stove
Hi, I Still have a 1952 GE stratoliner for sale. It needs work. A thermostat for the small oven (the big oven works fine), a few new burners, etc. I cook/bake with this daily. The exterior is still in really good condition. If anyone is interested, please make an offer for it. It really is a nice stove with lots of character and I'd like for it to go to a good home. I'm in Norwich, CT. I want to get a new smoothtop/convection GE stove and I don't want this beautiful old stove to go to the dump. I'm open to all honest offers. Buyer will have to pick up or arrange shipping. Anyone with more electrical knowledge than I have could have a really fantastic vintage appliance when they're done.
Hi there. We just purchased a house that has that exact oven in it. It's in great condition, so we don't want to get rid of it, but I have no idea of how to use all of the outlets and clock/timer. I can not seem to find a users manual anywhere for it, I was just curious if you had found one, and where you found it. GE says it's too old of a model and they haven't kept a manual that old, and her guess was that the stove was made in 1984. I thought it was very funny. Well, thanks for your time, and good luck selling your stove.
Hi! Congrats on your house and stove! Those old boys are awesome! I never found a manual for mine--GE really isn't much help with their vintage pieces. Antiquestoves.com is a good resource if you need it. Plus, keep checking Ebay--you never know what will show up there.
Hi! This is such a cool stove. Is it still for sale? I have a 1950's old beach house in South Carolina and I am thinking of of retro kitchen. The house is tiny so the character the better!
This stove is from the late 1950's probably 1959. I am listing one right now on ebay. It's in New Jersey.
I just bought a 1957 (I think) GE Airliner stove. The oven and outlets in the stove work fine but the stovetop elements will work on warm and low but not high. My son in law thinks it might be a ballast? Nothing looks disconnected in the back and like I said they get warm just not hot. It's all of the burners that do this. I hope someone can help I really love this stove!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!