As to the type,.......All are good, but have different cost's of installation and operation. Heat pumps are o.k. for areas which see temps of 34-40* but no lower. Any lower, the efficiency is gone. At this point your system will ghange over to it's supplemental heat source,.gas/electric. You also have to look at the cost of gas (vs) Electric? which is cheaper?
Package Units are nice because they alow for all repair and maintenance work to be done at the unit. Everything about this unit is right in front of the service tech. No need to track through your house. With straight A/C and gas heat, this is a goog choice, but may be more expensive.
Split System.... Also OK, but requires 2 major pieces of equipment.
All Types are widly used in the industry and can make your living more comfortable. The big Question is,...What's best for you? A contractor can help you decide....
Sorry I dragged on and on....
Hope this was of some help to you.
I appreciate the information. I believe I am going to go with a gas furnace & separate A/C unit. But I am not sure if I want a Lennox or American Standard. The price is very similar on both systems.
For quality ac repair San Antonio call AAA Duct Cleaning. Free San Antonio furnace repair estimates.
To keep it simple think of it this way . What best conveys electricity is usually great for heating copper, steel AIR is a great insulator and does not hold the heat
Cast iron holds the heat a lot longer then copper and is a quiet system
Using ducts for both cooling and heating means your compromising one of the systems.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!