I got a quote from one of the more reputable heating and cooling companies around here to replace an a/c condensing unit.
The quote of $3519 includes:
- Furnish and Install Elite 13 3 ton condenser and coil replacement (he wrote Elite 13, but he said the model number is the Elite HS26, and he left the brochure for the HS26 as well. I will get him to clarify and write the exact model number)
- Remove old equipment
- New A/C [whip or wire?] I can't read the handwriting, and I forgot what he said
- Filter Dryer
- Replace coil over existing furnace
What do you think of the quote? And what do you think of the unit? These guys are reputable for their service, but I have no clue if this is a fair quote. I also don't know if I should look at other brands.
I'm willing to spend the money if this is fair. I know Lennox units are expensive. Are they worth it?
Also, are a/c quotes usually true? or do they end up changing drastically once installation begins?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!