I got a quote from one of the more reputable heating and cooling companies around here to replace an a/c condensing unit.
The quote of $3519 includes:
- Furnish and Install Elite 13 3 ton condenser and coil replacement (he wrote Elite 13, but he said the model number is the Elite HS26, and he left the brochure for the HS26 as well. I will get him to clarify and write the exact model number)
- Remove old equipment
- New A/C [whip or wire?] I can't read the handwriting, and I forgot what he said
- Filter Dryer
- Replace coil over existing furnace
What do you think of the quote? And what do you think of the unit? These guys are reputable for their service, but I have no clue if this is a fair quote. I also don't know if I should look at other brands.
I'm willing to spend the money if this is fair. I know Lennox units are expensive. Are they worth it?
Also, are a/c quotes usually true? or do they end up changing drastically once installation begins?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes