I got a quote from one of the more reputable heating and cooling companies around here to replace an a/c condensing unit.
The quote of $3519 includes:
- Furnish and Install Elite 13 3 ton condenser and coil replacement (he wrote Elite 13, but he said the model number is the Elite HS26, and he left the brochure for the HS26 as well. I will get him to clarify and write the exact model number)
- Remove old equipment
- New A/C [whip or wire?] I can't read the handwriting, and I forgot what he said
- Filter Dryer
- Replace coil over existing furnace
What do you think of the quote? And what do you think of the unit? These guys are reputable for their service, but I have no clue if this is a fair quote. I also don't know if I should look at other brands.
I'm willing to spend the money if this is fair. I know Lennox units are expensive. Are they worth it?
Also, are a/c quotes usually true? or do they end up changing drastically once installation begins?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!