I got a quote from one of the more reputable heating and cooling companies around here to replace an a/c condensing unit.
The quote of $3519 includes:
- Furnish and Install Elite 13 3 ton condenser and coil replacement (he wrote Elite 13, but he said the model number is the Elite HS26, and he left the brochure for the HS26 as well. I will get him to clarify and write the exact model number)
- Remove old equipment
- New A/C [whip or wire?] I can't read the handwriting, and I forgot what he said
- Filter Dryer
- Replace coil over existing furnace
What do you think of the quote? And what do you think of the unit? These guys are reputable for their service, but I have no clue if this is a fair quote. I also don't know if I should look at other brands.
I'm willing to spend the money if this is fair. I know Lennox units are expensive. Are they worth it?
Also, are a/c quotes usually true? or do they end up changing drastically once installation begins?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects