I understand that air duct cleaning is controversial. I just purchased a 3300sq ft open loft apt from very heaver smokers. I have forced heata and ac system with flexible in-ceiling ducts. I am concerned about the build up of carcinogenic material inside the ductwork and want to have them cleaned. Also, the smell of cigarette smoke continues to linger 5 or 6 months after they have moved out. Can flexible ductwork be cleaned/
Thanks for the response. that was what i suspected. SO, now if I have same concerns about carcinogenic material and lingering smoke smell. what are my options? Since it is a loft, I could consider running new exposed ductwork. how difficult would it be do do this given there is an existing system and what might a ballpark cost be for a 3300SQ space with 14 ft ceilings? Approximately 1500 of the 3300sq exist as a second story loft that is open to the entire apt. Thanks.
I just don't understand why people bother to respond to the question that I did not ask. Can someone else give an answer here. I know all about how to go and get an estimate. My question is I am talking about $2,000, $5,000, $10,000 or more. The sq footage and cei;ling height will hopefully give someone a vague idea of the size of the space that I am talking about and the amount of exposed ductwork that would be required. Thanks for responding if you can help me out.
You know what? You are being a self-promoting BULLY. I suggest you just stay off the message board promoting your own business and prsotelizing your own thoughts and leave it to those of us who are looking for info and shared experiences by others who have been in our place. This is not a forum for you to force your thoughts on anyone. Thanks to YOU, no one will answer the question that I have asked in earnest. Stay off and stop being such a bully.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!