my a/c runs 13-17 hrs per day...The house only has one 24x24 return...the thermostat is located on the wall opposite the return vent...the temp in the bedrooms is freezing, but temp near return is noticeably higher...should I move the themostat?...The hse is an open floorplan...large center room with bedrooms on all sides....2200 sqr ft....4 ton unit...i have a digital thermostat.
I guess my logic is off...example...The thermostat is set at 77 degrees right now....it shows 79 degrees...it will run from now until 8-9pm tonight just like that..there is a vent on average of every 10-15 feet...there is no room for more....I only have one return though...there are 7 vents in the center of house, close to the thermostat....The house has a total of 17 vents. I have even tried closing vents in rooms we don't use that much trying to increase air flow to the great room....Could it be the return?....There is NOTICEABLE airlow under all the doors when they are closed...anyway, thanks for the reply!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!