my a/c runs 13-17 hrs per day...The house only has one 24x24 return...the thermostat is located on the wall opposite the return vent...the temp in the bedrooms is freezing, but temp near return is noticeably higher...should I move the themostat?...The hse is an open floorplan...large center room with bedrooms on all sides....2200 sqr ft....4 ton unit...i have a digital thermostat.
I guess my logic is off...example...The thermostat is set at 77 degrees right now....it shows 79 degrees...it will run from now until 8-9pm tonight just like that..there is a vent on average of every 10-15 feet...there is no room for more....I only have one return though...there are 7 vents in the center of house, close to the thermostat....The house has a total of 17 vents. I have even tried closing vents in rooms we don't use that much trying to increase air flow to the great room....Could it be the return?....There is NOTICEABLE airlow under all the doors when they are closed...anyway, thanks for the reply!!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide