Just moved into our house. It was built in 1982 and I have noticed that the plugs are installed with the ground up at 12 o'clock. In our old place they were at 6 o'clock position. Anyone know why? Should I flip em?
As a courtesy, I like to install switched outlets upside down, with the switched leg undernieth. Kinds of a flag for the next guy that can't figure out which is the switched outlet.
I need help with attic ventilation, sorry for length...
socket in upside down
GE Self Cleaning Oven (J35GKW-1)
Three Prong Outlets
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!