wiring a room - lights and receptacles
I am finishing a rec-room. I have planned for 12 receptacles. Should I use a 15 or 20 amp circuit? I am also intalling recessed lighting. Approx. 16 cans. Should I run a seperate circuit for the lights or can I run off the same circuit used for the receptacles? If a separate ciruit, should I use 15 or 20 amp?
12 receptacles is a LOT for one circuit. The pro's will probably tell you to use 2 circuits. Also, 16 lights should be enough to justify yet another one.
Thanks rpxlpx. Any suggestions on using 15 amp vs. 20 amp circuits? Should I use, lets say, a 15/20 amp per 6 outlets and use a seperate circuit for the 16 recessed lights?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING