wiring a room - lights and receptacles
I am finishing a rec-room. I have planned for 12 receptacles. Should I use a 15 or 20 amp circuit? I am also intalling recessed lighting. Approx. 16 cans. Should I run a seperate circuit for the lights or can I run off the same circuit used for the receptacles? If a separate ciruit, should I use 15 or 20 amp?
12 receptacles is a LOT for one circuit. The pro's will probably tell you to use 2 circuits. Also, 16 lights should be enough to justify yet another one.
Thanks rpxlpx. Any suggestions on using 15 amp vs. 20 amp circuits? Should I use, lets say, a 15/20 amp per 6 outlets and use a seperate circuit for the 16 recessed lights?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects