wiring a room - lights and receptacles
I am finishing a rec-room. I have planned for 12 receptacles. Should I use a 15 or 20 amp circuit? I am also intalling recessed lighting. Approx. 16 cans. Should I run a seperate circuit for the lights or can I run off the same circuit used for the receptacles? If a separate ciruit, should I use 15 or 20 amp?
12 receptacles is a LOT for one circuit. The pro's will probably tell you to use 2 circuits. Also, 16 lights should be enough to justify yet another one.
Thanks rpxlpx. Any suggestions on using 15 amp vs. 20 amp circuits? Should I use, lets say, a 15/20 amp per 6 outlets and use a seperate circuit for the 16 recessed lights?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!