wiring a room - lights and receptacles
I am finishing a rec-room. I have planned for 12 receptacles. Should I use a 15 or 20 amp circuit? I am also intalling recessed lighting. Approx. 16 cans. Should I run a seperate circuit for the lights or can I run off the same circuit used for the receptacles? If a separate ciruit, should I use 15 or 20 amp?
12 receptacles is a LOT for one circuit. The pro's will probably tell you to use 2 circuits. Also, 16 lights should be enough to justify yet another one.
Thanks rpxlpx. Any suggestions on using 15 amp vs. 20 amp circuits? Should I use, lets say, a 15/20 amp per 6 outlets and use a seperate circuit for the 16 recessed lights?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips