wiring a room - lights and receptacles
I am finishing a rec-room. I have planned for 12 receptacles. Should I use a 15 or 20 amp circuit? I am also intalling recessed lighting. Approx. 16 cans. Should I run a seperate circuit for the lights or can I run off the same circuit used for the receptacles? If a separate ciruit, should I use 15 or 20 amp?
12 receptacles is a LOT for one circuit. The pro's will probably tell you to use 2 circuits. Also, 16 lights should be enough to justify yet another one.
Thanks rpxlpx. Any suggestions on using 15 amp vs. 20 amp circuits? Should I use, lets say, a 15/20 amp per 6 outlets and use a seperate circuit for the 16 recessed lights?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways