After priming a new ceiling, 2 seams cracked. The drywall was screwed to firring spaced 1 foot on center. Can these cracks be fixed or do I have more serious problems.
You CAN use a sillicone to fill the cracks, it is not the proper fix but it is cheep and will not recrack, the sillicone will streach instead of recrack. One thing you want to make sure is that you use a paintable sillicone other wise paint will not stick to it! The other option is to tear the tape and mud down and restart. The cracking probly came from drying to fast, I would not think that there is a larger problem!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!