I called someone for an estimate to paint my house which has cedar shakes that were painted blue by the previous owner 5 or 6 years ago. The contractor called back to say thathe can't paint the shakes, I need to cover it with siding. Should I look for new siding or a different contractor?
I would get an oppion froma diferent contractor. Also what was the reason given for putting up siding over the shakes?
The contractor told me that the paint used should have been an acrylic solid colored stain and that there is no way I would be satisfied with any paint job. I think he is recommending siding because it would be alot of work to scrape and some of the shakes look a little ragged. But again I'm not sure.
Painting Engineered siding
Salt for snow removal
40+ yr old wallpaper: prime/paint over -or- remove f...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!