I called someone for an estimate to paint my house which has cedar shakes that were painted blue by the previous owner 5 or 6 years ago. The contractor called back to say thathe can't paint the shakes, I need to cover it with siding. Should I look for new siding or a different contractor?
I would get an oppion froma diferent contractor. Also what was the reason given for putting up siding over the shakes?
The contractor told me that the paint used should have been an acrylic solid colored stain and that there is no way I would be satisfied with any paint job. I think he is recommending siding because it would be alot of work to scrape and some of the shakes look a little ragged. But again I'm not sure.
Painting Engineered siding
Salt for snow removal
40+ yr old wallpaper: prime/paint over -or- remove f...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects