Wife and I will be moving into a new home next month. We would like to repaint some of the walls with a different color. Should we use a sealant? Also, I'm interested in the Ralph Lauren Suede paint. Any suggestions?
If you are going to use a flat paint you do not need to seal/prime the walls, but if you are going to use a satin/eggshell finish you will need to seal the walls. This is so you will have an even finish and this does better than 2 coats of the finish paint. If you are going to use a suede finish paint you should call the technical department of the manufacturer to get the proper application technics as the for the most part these products are sold in home centers and they are not well versed in this area. Oh when you go to buy your regular paint be sure to go to a paint store so you will get thte right product and advice and buy their premium line for the best value.
Some one reported in an early post about success with SPRAYING the RL Suede..........Where others have complained about brush/rolling the finish.........
I used the RL Suede in my Kitchen to offset the wallpaper. It went on beautifully and dried even better. I am so happy with that paint that I would tr to use it again for other projects.
Reply to Doug - RL Suede and River Rock CANNOT BE SPRAYED!(the beads in the product will tear up a sprayer - not to mention they are too large to go through a spray tip!)
Log on to RLHome.Polo.Com to see a video of the correct application techniques.
You can also call 1-800-379-POLO if you have any questions..
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!