Wife and I will be moving into a new home next month. We would like to repaint some of the walls with a different color. Should we use a sealant? Also, I'm interested in the Ralph Lauren Suede paint. Any suggestions?
If you are going to use a flat paint you do not need to seal/prime the walls, but if you are going to use a satin/eggshell finish you will need to seal the walls. This is so you will have an even finish and this does better than 2 coats of the finish paint. If you are going to use a suede finish paint you should call the technical department of the manufacturer to get the proper application technics as the for the most part these products are sold in home centers and they are not well versed in this area. Oh when you go to buy your regular paint be sure to go to a paint store so you will get thte right product and advice and buy their premium line for the best value.
Some one reported in an early post about success with SPRAYING the RL Suede..........Where others have complained about brush/rolling the finish.........
I used the RL Suede in my Kitchen to offset the wallpaper. It went on beautifully and dried even better. I am so happy with that paint that I would tr to use it again for other projects.
Reply to Doug - RL Suede and River Rock CANNOT BE SPRAYED!(the beads in the product will tear up a sprayer - not to mention they are too large to go through a spray tip!)
Log on to RLHome.Polo.Com to see a video of the correct application techniques.
You can also call 1-800-379-POLO if you have any questions..
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Mirror Magic: 10 Ways of Using Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- 7 Powerful Cleaners in Your Pantry
- 10 DIY Ways to Dress Up Your House for Fall
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs