Wife and I will be moving into a new home next month. We would like to repaint some of the walls with a different color. Should we use a sealant? Also, I'm interested in the Ralph Lauren Suede paint. Any suggestions?
If you are going to use a flat paint you do not need to seal/prime the walls, but if you are going to use a satin/eggshell finish you will need to seal the walls. This is so you will have an even finish and this does better than 2 coats of the finish paint. If you are going to use a suede finish paint you should call the technical department of the manufacturer to get the proper application technics as the for the most part these products are sold in home centers and they are not well versed in this area. Oh when you go to buy your regular paint be sure to go to a paint store so you will get thte right product and advice and buy their premium line for the best value.
Some one reported in an early post about success with SPRAYING the RL Suede..........Where others have complained about brush/rolling the finish.........
I used the RL Suede in my Kitchen to offset the wallpaper. It went on beautifully and dried even better. I am so happy with that paint that I would tr to use it again for other projects.
Reply to Doug - RL Suede and River Rock CANNOT BE SPRAYED!(the beads in the product will tear up a sprayer - not to mention they are too large to go through a spray tip!)
Log on to RLHome.Polo.Com to see a video of the correct application techniques.
You can also call 1-800-379-POLO if you have any questions..
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees