Wife and I will be moving into a new home next month. We would like to repaint some of the walls with a different color. Should we use a sealant? Also, I'm interested in the Ralph Lauren Suede paint. Any suggestions?
If you are going to use a flat paint you do not need to seal/prime the walls, but if you are going to use a satin/eggshell finish you will need to seal the walls. This is so you will have an even finish and this does better than 2 coats of the finish paint. If you are going to use a suede finish paint you should call the technical department of the manufacturer to get the proper application technics as the for the most part these products are sold in home centers and they are not well versed in this area. Oh when you go to buy your regular paint be sure to go to a paint store so you will get thte right product and advice and buy their premium line for the best value.
Some one reported in an early post about success with SPRAYING the RL Suede..........Where others have complained about brush/rolling the finish.........
I used the RL Suede in my Kitchen to offset the wallpaper. It went on beautifully and dried even better. I am so happy with that paint that I would tr to use it again for other projects.
Reply to Doug - RL Suede and River Rock CANNOT BE SPRAYED!(the beads in the product will tear up a sprayer - not to mention they are too large to go through a spray tip!)
Log on to RLHome.Polo.Com to see a video of the correct application techniques.
You can also call 1-800-379-POLO if you have any questions..
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them