We repainted the downstairs bathroom awhile ago and now I am seeing drip marks in areas but they are tacky to the touch. What is this from? On some spots it looks like honey along edges with the same stickiness?
What you have is surfactant leaching and it comes from the surfatants that are in all acrylic/latex paints not being evaporating out of the paint as it dries. The surfactants normally evaporate out but if the moisture in the air is high during the curing period they just sit on top of the paint and they do not hurt the durability of the paint at all but do not look good. They can be washed off while soft with a mild soap and water solution. You do not want the surfactants to dry and harden as then you will need to prime over it with an oil based primer and repaint. I tell people when they are painting a bathroom to try and not use the shower in that room for a week after painting to not have this happen.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes