I, like so many others, have drywall damage from removing old wallpaper. Unfortunately, the damage is not contained to one wall, but to 3 rooms. Hence my need to find an easier solution than mudding and sanding and mudding and sanding. I have discovered via internet Liquid Drywall primer-repair-sealer. It is manufactured by Roman Adhesives out of Illinois. My dilema is that I cannot find a retailer that sells it. I am located in KS and am willing to have it shipped to me. If anyone out there knows if this works and where I can find it, please let me know. I am already familiar with Gardz and am looking for other alternatives.
The Gardz product is great and we sell many gallons of it. It does not eliminate the mudding and sanding process but sticks the face paper of the drywall down to make the mudding easier. I don't know of a way to get around this process. This is why I tell people when they are removing wall paper and it pulls the face paper off the drywall to stop and primer the wallpaper with an oil based primer and paint over it. It will become one with the wall and that is assuming that it was tight to start with.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!