Need help with paint over varnish!
I applied 3 coats of Super Valspar clear gloss varnish ( 1 liter red/gold
can) exterior/interior for plywood bedroom walls in my home. Applied 3
coats and let the boards sit in the garage for 6 months. I still notice a
plywood smell from the boards after I nailed them to the wall, couldnt be the varnish after 6 months drying time.
I dont want to apply more coats to better seal the wood since the boards are already nailed to the wall with the long varnish drying time.
(How long does it take for the varnish smell to go away?)
(And Can I just use quick drying enamel (Boysen) over the varnish (2) coats, to seal off all odors? Will the enamel adhere to the
varnish without peeling off?)
Do you have to paint over primer
Paint over marbel
15 year old varnish on paint yellow and chiping
wall paper over wall paper or paint over wall paper
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!