Need help with paint over varnish!
I applied 3 coats of Super Valspar clear gloss varnish ( 1 liter red/gold
can) exterior/interior for plywood bedroom walls in my home. Applied 3
coats and let the boards sit in the garage for 6 months. I still notice a
plywood smell from the boards after I nailed them to the wall, couldnt be the varnish after 6 months drying time.
I dont want to apply more coats to better seal the wood since the boards are already nailed to the wall with the long varnish drying time.
(How long does it take for the varnish smell to go away?)
(And Can I just use quick drying enamel (Boysen) over the varnish (2) coats, to seal off all odors? Will the enamel adhere to the
varnish without peeling off?)
Do you have to paint over primer
Paint over marbel
15 year old varnish on paint yellow and chiping
wall paper over wall paper or paint over wall paper
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight