I am new to this forum and need help desperately. I have removed wallpaper and all backing from a wall, but the adhesive will not come off. I have tried DIF twice, DIF gel, TSP, Mineral spirits, Dawn dishsoap with really hot water, good old fashioned scrubbing and the adhesive won't budge. It is slightly tacky to the touch. I want to paint over the surface, but was told not to. Someone recommended Bullseye 123 primer or Guardz by Sherwin Williams to seal in the adhesive. I am tempted to paint over it out of frustration. If nothing I am doing is breaking the adhesive bond, would two coats of latex really be a problem????
Thanks so much for any advice!!!!
im in the middle of removing the adhesive from the wallpaper. I used hot water and white vinager, put it in a spay bottle let it sit for 5-10 minutes and took a scoth pad and widshield scraper and it came off with no problems
You want to remove the paste if at all possible, and I have have heard that the vinegar and hot water works at least on some types of paste. You do not want to paint over it with just two coats of latex paint as it will cause a bleed through, but you can prime it with the GARDZ product from Zinsser (not SW) before you apply the latex finish paint.
Hope this helps out.
Hope this helps out.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!