I am new to this forum and need help desperately. I have removed wallpaper and all backing from a wall, but the adhesive will not come off. I have tried DIF twice, DIF gel, TSP, Mineral spirits, Dawn dishsoap with really hot water, good old fashioned scrubbing and the adhesive won't budge. It is slightly tacky to the touch. I want to paint over the surface, but was told not to. Someone recommended Bullseye 123 primer or Guardz by Sherwin Williams to seal in the adhesive. I am tempted to paint over it out of frustration. If nothing I am doing is breaking the adhesive bond, would two coats of latex really be a problem????
Thanks so much for any advice!!!!
im in the middle of removing the adhesive from the wallpaper. I used hot water and white vinager, put it in a spay bottle let it sit for 5-10 minutes and took a scoth pad and widshield scraper and it came off with no problems
You want to remove the paste if at all possible, and I have have heard that the vinegar and hot water works at least on some types of paste. You do not want to paint over it with just two coats of latex paint as it will cause a bleed through, but you can prime it with the GARDZ product from Zinsser (not SW) before you apply the latex finish paint.
Hope this helps out.
Hope this helps out.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps