I am new to this forum and need help desperately. I have removed wallpaper and all backing from a wall, but the adhesive will not come off. I have tried DIF twice, DIF gel, TSP, Mineral spirits, Dawn dishsoap with really hot water, good old fashioned scrubbing and the adhesive won't budge. It is slightly tacky to the touch. I want to paint over the surface, but was told not to. Someone recommended Bullseye 123 primer or Guardz by Sherwin Williams to seal in the adhesive. I am tempted to paint over it out of frustration. If nothing I am doing is breaking the adhesive bond, would two coats of latex really be a problem????
Thanks so much for any advice!!!!
im in the middle of removing the adhesive from the wallpaper. I used hot water and white vinager, put it in a spay bottle let it sit for 5-10 minutes and took a scoth pad and widshield scraper and it came off with no problems
You want to remove the paste if at all possible, and I have have heard that the vinegar and hot water works at least on some types of paste. You do not want to paint over it with just two coats of latex paint as it will cause a bleed through, but you can prime it with the GARDZ product from Zinsser (not SW) before you apply the latex finish paint.
Hope this helps out.
Hope this helps out.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!