I just gutted and rebuilt the interior of an old brick house. I added a round bay in front coming out about 3 feet deep and 12 feet wide. I am in the process of applying stucco (EIFS) on the exterior of the house over the brick. I am doing it because of the front wooden bay, there are many areas in the bricks that are not sealed due to new window openings and other opnings that were opened and closed during the construction and because we like the stucco look. My Question is how to do the small roof on the bay. I know copper is the best but it's too expensive. I was planning to do shingles but my stucco guy is trying to convince me to do a stucco roof. He says it will look beatiful and fit in with the look. I've never heard of or seen a stucco roof. Can anyone give me advice?
Never seen a stucco roof. So ask your stucco guy for examples of stucco roofs that he has done, referably older than 3 years, and ask to talk with the owners. If he can't come up with any, stay away from his suggestion, unless you want to be the guinea pig for this innovation. If he isn't just blowing smoke, and you have a former customer to talk to, do your homework and make sure that the other installation was similar to yours and the results were good. If not, again, stay away.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes