I just gutted and rebuilt the interior of an old brick house. I added a round bay in front coming out about 3 feet deep and 12 feet wide. I am in the process of applying stucco (EIFS) on the exterior of the house over the brick. I am doing it because of the front wooden bay, there are many areas in the bricks that are not sealed due to new window openings and other opnings that were opened and closed during the construction and because we like the stucco look. My Question is how to do the small roof on the bay. I know copper is the best but it's too expensive. I was planning to do shingles but my stucco guy is trying to convince me to do a stucco roof. He says it will look beatiful and fit in with the look. I've never heard of or seen a stucco roof. Can anyone give me advice?
Never seen a stucco roof. So ask your stucco guy for examples of stucco roofs that he has done, referably older than 3 years, and ask to talk with the owners. If he can't come up with any, stay away from his suggestion, unless you want to be the guinea pig for this innovation. If he isn't just blowing smoke, and you have a former customer to talk to, do your homework and make sure that the other installation was similar to yours and the results were good. If not, again, stay away.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!