I just gutted and rebuilt the interior of an old brick house. I added a round bay in front coming out about 3 feet deep and 12 feet wide. I am in the process of applying stucco (EIFS) on the exterior of the house over the brick. I am doing it because of the front wooden bay, there are many areas in the bricks that are not sealed due to new window openings and other opnings that were opened and closed during the construction and because we like the stucco look. My Question is how to do the small roof on the bay. I know copper is the best but it's too expensive. I was planning to do shingles but my stucco guy is trying to convince me to do a stucco roof. He says it will look beatiful and fit in with the look. I've never heard of or seen a stucco roof. Can anyone give me advice?
Never seen a stucco roof. So ask your stucco guy for examples of stucco roofs that he has done, referably older than 3 years, and ask to talk with the owners. If he can't come up with any, stay away from his suggestion, unless you want to be the guinea pig for this innovation. If he isn't just blowing smoke, and you have a former customer to talk to, do your homework and make sure that the other installation was similar to yours and the results were good. If not, again, stay away.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight