I’m thinking of replacing the carpet in a room that has paneling on one wall. Since it will be impossible to exactly match the paneling, should the flooring be slightly darker or slightly lighter than the paneling?
The paneling is some sort of pine or light oak with not much red in it if at all.
Never buy a house built by an oil company...
My husband is a painter by trade, the house we purchased had paneling in the living room, he took some texture and filed in the seams and evened out the paneling he let that dry and the primed all the paneling with kiltz and let that dry then took texture thinned it out a little and rolled on the walls and took a texture brush and stomped it let it dry and then painted you would never know that i have paneling in my living room now.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!