I’m thinking of replacing the carpet in a room that has paneling on one wall. Since it will be impossible to exactly match the paneling, should the flooring be slightly darker or slightly lighter than the paneling?
The paneling is some sort of pine or light oak with not much red in it if at all.
Never buy a house built by an oil company...
My husband is a painter by trade, the house we purchased had paneling in the living room, he took some texture and filed in the seams and evened out the paneling he let that dry and the primed all the paneling with kiltz and let that dry then took texture thinned it out a little and rolled on the walls and took a texture brush and stomped it let it dry and then painted you would never know that i have paneling in my living room now.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love