I’m thinking of replacing the carpet in a room that has paneling on one wall. Since it will be impossible to exactly match the paneling, should the flooring be slightly darker or slightly lighter than the paneling?
The paneling is some sort of pine or light oak with not much red in it if at all.
Never buy a house built by an oil company...
My husband is a painter by trade, the house we purchased had paneling in the living room, he took some texture and filed in the seams and evened out the paneling he let that dry and the primed all the paneling with kiltz and let that dry then took texture thinned it out a little and rolled on the walls and took a texture brush and stomped it let it dry and then painted you would never know that i have paneling in my living room now.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects