I’m thinking of replacing the carpet in a room that has paneling on one wall. Since it will be impossible to exactly match the paneling, should the flooring be slightly darker or slightly lighter than the paneling?
The paneling is some sort of pine or light oak with not much red in it if at all.
Never buy a house built by an oil company...
My husband is a painter by trade, the house we purchased had paneling in the living room, he took some texture and filed in the seams and evened out the paneling he let that dry and the primed all the paneling with kiltz and let that dry then took texture thinned it out a little and rolled on the walls and took a texture brush and stomped it let it dry and then painted you would never know that i have paneling in my living room now.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight