As for me, the only thing buzzing in my house is my husband's alarm clock at 5:30 every morning!
What's buzzing at your house?
An invasion of honeybees at Bob's house demanded an immediate solution. (see tips from his bee specialist). What about you? Have you had unexpected issues crop up at your house? Do you follow a regular schedule of home maintenance to keep things in good shape and to prevent problems?
One winter a few years ago my husband had used the hose outside to spray something off on a warmer day and forgot to remove it from the faucet afterwards. A few days later I was in the laundry room while he was outside and suddenly water started pouring from the ceiling. Fortunately my parents were visiting and my dad was nearby to know enough that it was my husband using the faucet outside causing the flood inside. We got it shut off, put a new faucet in and pulled up the carpeting to dry everything out in the basement. It could have been worse but it was enough of a lesson for us to always remove the hose from the faucet and have the freeze proof faucets outside!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love