As for me, the only thing buzzing in my house is my husband's alarm clock at 5:30 every morning!
What's buzzing at your house?
An invasion of honeybees at Bob's house demanded an immediate solution. (see tips from his bee specialist). What about you? Have you had unexpected issues crop up at your house? Do you follow a regular schedule of home maintenance to keep things in good shape and to prevent problems?
One winter a few years ago my husband had used the hose outside to spray something off on a warmer day and forgot to remove it from the faucet afterwards. A few days later I was in the laundry room while he was outside and suddenly water started pouring from the ceiling. Fortunately my parents were visiting and my dad was nearby to know enough that it was my husband using the faucet outside causing the flood inside. We got it shut off, put a new faucet in and pulled up the carpeting to dry everything out in the basement. It could have been worse but it was enough of a lesson for us to always remove the hose from the faucet and have the freeze proof faucets outside!
hot water heater
Maui tile previously sold at Home Depot, 12x12 or 16x16
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING