You Can Trade In Your Amazon Devices To Save Money on New Tech—Here’s How
Put your old tech to good use by trading items in for something shiny and new—while scoring a discount.
When it comes to brands you trust, taking advantage of trade-in programs is so beneficial. Trade-in offers not only promote proper recycling practices, but also allow you to save big—whether it’s time for an upgrade on a product, or you simply want to try something new from the brand.
Even Amazon has a trade-in program. At the Amazon Trade-In Hub, you can first select one of the eligible categories to search if you have an eligible device associated with your Amazon account: Kindle tablets, streaming media players, bluetooth speakers and headphones, home security devices, wireless routers, cell phones, or gaming.
If your device is eligible, you’ll be led through a series of steps to determine the estimated trade-in value. The retailer provides free shipping for you to send in the item.
Once the items have been received by an Amazon facility, appraised and accepted, Amazon will apply an Amazon.com gift card equal to the trade-in value of your old device(s) to your Amazon account.
Below, we’ve rounded up the eligible devices you can trade in now for credit.
Eligible Devices for Trade-In
- Bluetooth speakers: Expect hundreds back in trade-in value and 25% off an Echo device. Echo, Nest, Bose, and Sonos are just some of the many speakers and soundbars eligible.
- Cell phones: Receive up to $550 in trade-in credit from Apple, Google, Samsung, LG, or Motorola phones.
- Gaming: Receive up to $175 in trade-in credit from video games, consoles, or accessories.
- Home security: Ring and Blink camera trade-ins will get you 20% off a qualified home security device.
- Kindle E-readers: Get up to $75 in trade-in value, plus get 20% off a new Kindle.
- Routers: Earn hundreds in trade-in credit, plus receive 25% off a qualified eero device. Eligible brand include: Eero, Netgear, Nest, TP-Link, Linksys, and ASUS.
- Streaming media players: Most Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, Nvidia Shield, or Apple TV devices are eligible for trade-in credit. Take 20% off a new Fire TV device.
- Tablets: Earn up to $475 when you trade in most Apple iPads, Samsung Galaxy Tablets, Kindle Fire HDs, and Lenovo Tabs, plus get 20% off a new Fire Tablet.