Best Pet Hair Removers for Dog and Cat Owners
Regain fur-free surfaces with one of these top-rated pet hair removers.
BobVila.com and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.
- BEST PET HAIR ROLLERChomChom RollerCheck Latest Price
- BEST PET HAIR BRUSHBrellavi Pet Hair Remover BrushCheck Latest Price
- BEST VACUUM FOR PET HAIRDyson Cyclone V10 Animal Vacuum CleanerCheck Latest Price
While pets are often a source of joy, comfort, and companionship, they can also leave a hair-raising load of fur on every conceivable surface of the home. Having company over may require you to thoroughly vacuum the couch. And, when putting away freshly laundered clothes, pet hair will certainly find a way in. If you feel that you’ve tried every trick under the sun to keep pet hair at bay and are feeling frustrated, it’s time to get your hands on the best pet hair remover to finally put an end to the reign of pet hair on your belongings.
- BEST PET HAIR ROLLER: ChomChom Roller
- BEST PET HAIR BRUSH: Brellavi Pet Hair Remover Brush
- BEST VACUUM FOR PET HAIR: Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Vacuum Cleaner
- BEST FOR CLOTHES: Evercare Magik Brush
- BEST FOR FURNITURE: Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum
- BEST FOR LAUNDRY: Smart Sheep Premium Wool Dryer Balls
- BEST FOR FLOORS: Evriholder FURemover Pet Hair Removal Broom
- BEST FOR CARS: Carrand 93112 Lint and Hair Removal Brush
- BEST ON-THE-GO: OXO Good Grips Furlifter On-The-Go Brush
- BEST GROOMING BRUSH: Pet Neat Pet Grooming Brush
Why is the Best Pet Hair Remover so Hard to Find?
Options abound, but only some are good quality products. To find them, you must look through the smokescreen of flashy advertising. Plus, there are all types of pet hair removers—rollers, brushes, brooms, vacuums—therefore choosing the best one can be a challenge.
The truth is, you’ll probably need to acquire more than one tool to remove fur from different materials, surfaces, or situations. At the same time, you certainly don’t want to allot an entire walk-in closet to your collection of pet hair removers.
For smarter shopping, always consider the following criteria:
- Type: Do you need a simple static-cling roller for your clothes? Or do you need a dryer-friendly device to get the fur out of laundry? Or maybe a powerful vacuum for your carpets? Would your surfaces be easier cleaned with the expedient back-and-forth motions of a roller, or with the simpler one-sided swipes of a brush? High-performing pet hair removers are often designed to excel at specific tasks and may not be 100 percent versatile.
- Size: Do you need a remover you can carry with you wherever you go? Or do you need something that won’t require constant use? Consider the size that’s most convenient for you.
- Features: Would a self-cleaning device be helpful? Does “cord-free” mean you’ll keep forgetting to charge it? Do not let marketing ploys blind you when selecting the most appropriate set of features for your needs.
- Price: What’s your budget? Sometimes, a more expensive option will prove more durable, which can save you money in the long run. Also, consider whether the product you’re buying will require refills—at an additional cost.
The Best Pet Hair Removers on the Market
To aid your quest for the best pet fur remover, start with this list of the top-rated options available online. This list compares the best-selling, best-rated, and most-reviewed pet hair removal tools on the market. Among them, you’ll see the most appropriate option for each scenario you’ll encounter. Just choose the one that best fits your needs.
1. BEST PET HAIR ROLLER: The ChomChom Roller
The ChomChom brush roller is inescapable when shopping for pet hair removers. This popular product stands out for its easy-to-clean dust receptacle and also for being functional in either direction—no more brushing the wrong way and releasing the collection of messes. Its fine-bristled design means no adhesive sheets to tear off or refill. Reviewers are most impressed with its versatility, as it picks up hair on any surface.
2. BEST PET HAIR BRUSH: Brellavi Pet Hair Remover Brush
This brush’s short bristles can effectively collect fur in just a few swipes. It is double-sided and works on a variety of surfaces and materials, including clothes, furniture, and car seats. Its self-cleaning base is easy to use—just insert the brush, and it comes out clean. But the best part? A travel-size version of the Brellavi brush is included with each purchase.
3. BEST VACUUM FOR PET HAIR: Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum by Dyson is popular with pet owners for its ability to pull the most stubborn hairs out of carpets, stairs, and upholstery. It easily converts to a handheld for stairs and cars and comes with four different attachments for extra versatility. The Cyclone V10 is great for heavy-duty cleaning, without the bulkiness of many corded alternatives. Just don’t forget to charge it.
4. BEST FOR CLOTHES: Evercare Magik Brush
This pet hair remover brush for clothes is double-sided and works just as well on bedding and upholstery. It picks up anything from hair and lint to dust and dandruff. It is safe to use on wool and is easily cleaned— just swipe your hand across, and the hair gets released. Some reviews note that the plastic of the brush can break when used too roughly, but the good news is, you can purchase the brush in packs of three, at a reasonable price.
5. BEST FOR FURNITURE: Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum
This small-sized vacuum clears all kinds of hairy messes around the house. It is lightweight and mobile. Its 16-feet cord provides more than enough range, and its specialized rubber nozzle is designed precisely to dislodge fur from upholstery and clothes. Reviewers warn that this vacuum is specifically geared towards pet messes and not regular dust or dirt, but that it successfully removed fur where nothing else seemed to work.
6. BEST FOR LAUNDRY: Smart Sheep Premium Wool Dryer Balls
These New Zealand wool balls bounce around the dryer and catch odd pet hairs before they can weave their way too deep into the fabric. They reduce the amount of pet hair on clothes, while also serving as a substitute for dryer sheets. They’re eco-friendly, chemical-free, and durable. Multiple reviewers confirm that months of daily loads still haven’t worn them out and that the only notable downside is a slight increase in static with certain fabrics.
7. BEST FOR FLOORS: Evriholder FURemover Pet Hair Removal Broom
This specialized broom is the best way to clean dog hair off hardwood floors. Its rubber bristles effectively catch fluffy and floaty hairs, while its squeegee edge can be used to clean tiles, concrete, rugs, and even windows. With its adjustable handle, no corner is unreachable. When you’re done using it, just wash the bristles with soapy water. No dustpan needed.
8. BEST FOR CARS: Carrand 93112 Lint and Hair Removal Brush
With its electrostatic rubber bristles, this scrubber-looking brush attracts pet hair without any risk of scratching or damaging the fabric. It works great on car seats, but also carpets and upholstery. Reviewers confirm that it dislodges even the most stubbornly woven hair from fabric, thereby facilitating later vacuuming. It will also remove dust, lint, grass, and dirt. And, it’s super affordable.
9. BEST ON-THE-GO: OXO Good Grips Furlifter On-The-Go Brush
This small-sized brush fits perfectly into your purse, backpack pocket, or glove compartment. Have it with you everywhere you go and be ready for touch-ups at any time. It is self-cleaning, and the fact that the brush folds into itself means that no hair will get discharged into your bag. Just note that it is one-sided, which makes it hard to use for left-handed people.
10. BEST GROOMING BRUSH: Pet Neat Pet Grooming Brush
Tackle the problem at its source. Regular grooming won’t stop the shedding entirely, but it will at least keep it under control. This popular tool by Pet Neat is affordable, durable, and comes with a lifetime guarantee. It gets rid of tangles and excess hair easily, with minimum discomfort for your pet. It works best on short to medium-length coats.
Now That You Know How to Control Dog Hair in the House…
Get those dark clothes back out of the closet and wear them proudly. Invite friends over with confidence that they won’t leave with a wad of fur stuck to them. Offer them a lift in your hair-free car. There’s nothing to be ashamed of when you have the right tools to keep your house, car, and clothes presentable.
Now that you’re equipped with a compilation of the best pet hair removers on the market, finding the right tools ought to be a breeze. And a fluff-free breeze, at that.