The Best Pool Table Brands of 2023
Choosing the right pool table for your rec room is easier when you know more about the best brands.
People have been playing billiards in their homes and at local pool halls for hundreds of years. This classic game offers a form of indoor recreation that doesn’t require screens, a keyboard, or controllers.
There are pool table brands that cater to those looking for casual family fun, as well as those that serve the needs of serious pool players, and even professionals. The broad range of pool table manufacturers on the market can make finding the right brand for one’s home a challenge. This guide reviews some of the top brands in the pool table business and highlights some of the top models they sell.
About the Brand: Brunswick manufactures a broad range of recreational products ranging from boats to pool tables.
Price Range: $$ to $$$
Brunswick Corporation, based in Metawa, Illinois, manufactures a variety of recreational products and machines, including pool tables. The first pool table manufacturer in the U.S., Brunswick is known for its use of high-quality materials in its pool tables, which feature hardwood, professional-grade fabric, and 1-inch-thick slate.
Brunswick’s pool tables are made to order, offer a long list of customization options, and are highly sought after, making them one of the more expensive brands of pool tables on the market.
- Brunswick Glenwood 8ft Pool Table: With the option to select everything from cloth color to leg style to pocket design, one can tailor this pool table to suit nearly any interior design. The Glenwood is a great example of the quality and customization Brunswick offers. Get the Brunswick Glenwood 8ft Pool Table at Billiard Factory for $4,169.99.
- Brunswick Black Wolf Pro: With its sleek lines, use of dark hardwood, and all-metal corners, the Black Wolf Pro offers a more contemporary look than typical traditional pool tables. Get the Brunswick Black Wolf Pro at Family Leisure for $4,499.
- Brunswick Allenton Pool Table: Allenton represents the most affordable of Brunswick’s pool tables. Despite its comparatively lower price, it comes in hardwood, cherry, or chestnut and features premium professional-grade felt. Get the Brunswick Allenton at Billiard Factory for $3,044.99.
Shop for more Brunswick products at:
About the Brand: This 50-year-old company produces premium pool tables.
Price Range: $$ to $$$$
Olhausen has been producing billiards tables along with table tennis tables, shuffleboards, and more in Portland, Tennessee, since 1972. Its line of billiards tables range in design from modern to rustic, use top-quality materials, and offer a broad range of customization options.
These high-end pool tables don’t come cheap, though, with most models ranging from $5,000 to $6,000. This price point makes them a good option for serious players who are looking for a table that will last many years.
- Olhausen Americana Pool Table: This aptly named pool table features curved legs, a deep brown finish, and leather net pockets, giving it a traditional look that suits its name. Like many of Olhausen’s tables, this one is customizable with two pocket style options and a choice of various felt colors. Get the Olhausen Americana Pool Table at Billiard Factory for $4,196.
- Olhausen Hampton Pool Table: The Hampton features the craftsmanship and high-quality felt of Olhausen’s line of pool tables plus drawer storage that conveniently holds cue sticks. Like the company’s other pool tables, the Hampton offers felt color and pocket style options. Get the Olhausen Hampton at Billiard Factory for $5,173.
- Olhausen Bishop Pool Table: The Bishop is a great example of the diversity of Olhausen’s collection, abandoning traditional looks for a modern design. It’s also one of the company’s most expensive pool tables. Keeping with its dedication to customization, it comes in more than a dozen finish options. Get the Olhausen Bishop Pool Table at Billiard Factory for $15,129.99.
Shop for more Olhausen Billiards pool tables at:
3. Presidential Billiards
About the Brand: Presidential Billiards pool tables are characterized by their diverse styles and use of exotic wood species.
Price Range: $$ to $$$
Presidential Billiards is based in Houston and partners with Zimbabwe-based Wilson International, giving the company access to a broader range of hardwoods than most billiards table manufacturers. Expect to find such exotic woods as African mahogany in the construction of the frames, legs, and cabinets of its pool tables.
All of the company’s tables use 1-inch slate and natural gum rubber for the rails, putting them on par with professional-level pool tables. These high-end materials make the Presidential pool tables more expensive, and they fetch premium prices running from $4,000 to $7,000.
- Presidential Billiards Silverton Pool Table: This pool table is a great example of the exotic materials Presidential Billiards uses. The table rails and cabinet are made from African hardwood with a gray finish that gives it a rustic appearance. Get the Presidential Billiards Silverton Pool Table at USAMadePoolTables.com for $4,599.
- Presidential Billiards Kariba Pool Table: The rustic yet elegant pool table features a charcoal brown finish and a simple cross leg-style design, making it ideal for a variety of tastes. As with Presidential’s other pool tables, this model comes in high-quality hardwood with a 1-inch-thick slate surface and high-end bumpers. Get the Presidential Billiards Kariba Pool Table at USAMadePoolTables.com for $4,999.
- Presidential Billiards Roosevelt Pool Table: With midcentury modern style that brings together light-colored hardwood with metal accents, the Roosevelt demonstrates the diversity Presidential’s collection of pool tables offers. As with Presidential’s other tables, the Roosevelt offers various size and felt color options. Get the Presidential Billiards Roosevelt at USAMadePoolTables.com for $5,299.
Shop for more Presidential Billiards pool tables at:
4. Diamond Billiard Products
About the Brand: With its precision engineering and strict adherence to pro standards, Diamond Billiard Products is the preferred provider for sanctioned pool tournaments.
Price Range: $$$ to $$$$
Those in the market for a pool table to help them hone their skills for tournament play may look no further than Diamond Billiard Products. Diamond’s pool tables are designed for pros, which is evident in the fact that they’ve been used in more than 100 major pool tournaments.
The company started in 1987 in Louisville, Kentucky, with the goal of creating quality pool tables that would be used in tournament play. Its pool tables include its PRO-AM and Professional line, both of which are renowned for their durability and adherence to professional standards.
- Diamond Black PRC Pool Table: The Black PRC is renowned not only for the high quality of its materials but also its playability. It features a one-piece 1-inch slate design that makes it the preferred table for many pros. Get the Diamond Black PRC Pool Table at Seybert’s Billiard Supply for $5,995.
- Diamond Paragon Pool Table: This striking table features curved legs and hardwood maple construction, giving it a look suitable for more sophisticated decor. It also includes the same build quality and the playability characteristic of Diamond’s tournament pool tables. Get the Diamond Paragon Pool Table at Manning Cues for $11,495.
- Diamond Professional Pool Table: With its wedge-leveling system and precision design, the Professional is one of the most widely used pool tables at sanctioned tournaments. Get the Diamond Professional Table at Manning Cues for $8,395.
Shop for more Diamond Billiard Products pool tables at:
5. Great American Recreation Equipment
About the Brand: Great American is one of the biggest providers of commercial pool tables to bars and pool halls.
Price Range: $$ to $$$
Anyone who’s ever played in a pool hall has probably used one of Smithfield, Rhode Island–based Great American’s pool tables. The company is one of the largest commercial providers of pool tables in the country. As such, its tables are designed to endure abuse, with durable hardwood laminate construction, metal rails, trim protecting corners, and steel supports.
Unlike the standard pool tables for home use, American Recreation’s pool tables also have built-in coin slots and a locking mechanism to hold and release balls. The company offers some non-coin models as well.
- Great American Eagle Pool Table: With its mahogany Formica laminate, ¾-inch plywood construction, and chrome finish, this pool table is built like a tank. It comes equipped with a five-coin mechanism. Get the Great American Eagle Pool Table at American Super Sports for $3,605.
- Great American Monarch Pool Table: This model features the tough construction of Great American’s pool tables without the coin mechanism. Get the Great American Monarch Pool Table at American Super Sports for $3,350.
- Great American Legacy Pool Table: The Legacy features Great American’s anti-cheat dump bar system commercial halls prize for its ability to prevent customers from cheating the table to get free play. Like Great American’s other tables, it also features rock-solid construction. Get the Great American Legacy Pool Table at American Super Sports for $3,705.
Shop for more Great American pool tables at:
About the Brand: Hathaway offers lower-cost pool tables by using more affordable materials such as engineered wood and melamine.
Price Range: $ to $$
Hathaway pool tables are much more affordable than offerings from premium pool table names in the market. The company’s pool tables, which are available from major retailers like The Home Depot, range in price from $600 to $2,000.
The lower-end tables are made from engineered wood and melamine with metal corners and caps, making for a sturdy—if not elegant—pool table. The company’s product line also includes waterproof and UV-resistant pool tables suitable for outdoor setup.
- Hathaway Mirage Pool Table: At a fraction of the cost of premium pool tables, the Mirage is a great option for those who want to add a pool table to their home without having to spend a lot of money. Though the table lacks the elegance, premium materials, and engineering of premium pool tables, it is constructed of durable engineered wood and melamine. Get the Hathaway Mirage Pool Table at The Home Depot for $724.92.
- Hathaway Augusta Pool Table: One of Hathaway’s higher-end models, this pool table has a more elegant style than its lower-end models. It also comes with a full set of sticks and balls. Get the Hathaway Augusta Pool Table at The Home Depot for $1,531.90.
- Hathaway Excalibur Pool Table: Similar to Hathaway’s other pool tables, this model features melamine-coated engineered wood. With its minimalist design, it’s suitable for rec rooms and basement man caves. Get the Hathaway Excalibur Pool Table at The Home Depot for $975.99.
Shop for more Hathaway pool tables at:
7. Plank & Hide
Plank & Hide, which is owned by Empire, makes luxury indoor and outdoor recreation equipment, including everything from foosball and air hockey tables to shuffleboard and pool tables. Its pool tables are well regarded not only for their unique style and quality craftsmanship but also for their playability. Being a luxury brand, it also occupies the higher end of the pool table market with prices ranging between $4,000 and $6,000.
- Plank & Hide Otis Pool Table: With its weathered look, large beams, and metal features, this pool table offers a nice mix of vintage and contemporary. It has hardwood construction and details serious pool players appreciate, including 1-inch-thick slate and K66 gum rubber cushions on the bumpers. Get the Plank & Hide Otis Pool Table at Sawyer Twain for $4,899.
- Plank & Hide Eldorado Pool Table: Part of Plank & Hide’s vintage series of pool tables, this model features curved legs and a Briarsmoke finish along with leather pockets. Get the Plank & Hide Eldorado Pool Table at Sawyer Twain for $4,199.
- Plank & Hide Axton Pool Table: With its mix of modern and vintage looks, the Axton is a great example of the interesting styles Plank & Hide offers with its diverse collection of pool tables. As with its other tables, it features hardwood construction and premium materials such as 1-inch-thick slate and high-end K66 rubber in the bumpers. Get the Plank & Hide Axton Pool Table at Sawyer Twain for $6,499.
Shop for more Plank & Hide pool tables at:
8. Fat Cat Pool Tables
About the Brand: Fat Cat sells budget-priced billiards tables and combination 3-in-1 game tables.
Price Range: $ to $$
Fat Cat is a subsidiary of Milwaukee-based GLD Products, which has been making popular bar game equipment including darts, billiards, and gaming tables for the past 30 years. Similar to Hathaway, Fat Cat makes more affordable pool tables that fall in the $600 to $1,200 range.
The company’s pool tables offer some of the best bang for your buck in terms of build quality, with features such as solid wood rails, slate playing surfaces, diamond inlays, and K66 bumpers. The company also makes multi-game pool tables that combine other popular games such as air hockey and table tennis with billiards in one table.
- Fat Cat Reno Billiard Table: Fat Cat’s top-of-the-line pool table has many of the features found in higher-priced pool tables at a much more affordable price. Among the Reno’s features are solid wood rails, leather drop pockets, and pearlized diamond inlays. Get the Fat Cat Reno Billiard Table at Game and Sport World for $1,225.
- Fat Cat TrueShot Billiard Table: This portable pool table features collapsible legs that allow it to fold flat for storage. This design makes it ideal for those with limited space for a pool table. Get the Fat Cat Trueshot Billiard Table at The Home Depot for $587.36.
- Fat Cat Phoenix Billiard Table: For those looking to add more than just billiards to their rec room, this billiard table offers great bang for your buck. This 3-in-1 model functions as an air hockey table and ping-pong table as well as a pool table. Get the Fat Cat Phoenix Billiard Table at Game Room Vaults for $849.
Shop for more Fat Cat pool tables at:
9. Connelly Billiards
About the Brand: Connelly Billiards makes built-to-order high-end pool tables with numerous customization options.
Price Range: $$$ to $$$$
Connelly Billiards has more than 70 years of experience building pool tables made of top-quality materials. The company’s tables feature high-end construction with carved hardwood legs and sturdy 1.25-inch-thick slate playing surfaces. Connelly also offers many options when it comes to customization. Buyers can choose from a wide range of finishes, pocket styles, sizes, and felt colors for each of its pool tables; that’s because Connelly builds all of its tables to order.
- Connelly Billiards Catalina Pool Table: The Catalina is a great example of Connelly’s build quality and customization options. The table features 1.25-inch-thick slate and wide 6-inch rails. Customers can choose from two different wood types, six finish options, seven pocket styles, and numerous cloth colors. Get the Connelly Billiards Catalina at Connelly Billiards for $8,995.
- Connelly Billiards Scottsdale Pool Table: Hand-carved curved legs and French-style drop pockets inspired by the Old West give this pool table an elegant look. It also boasts excellent playability, thanks to 6-inch-wide rails and a thick 1.25-inch tournament-grade slate surface. Get the Connelly Billiards Scottsdale Pool Table at eGameTableSports.com for $9,395.
- Connelly Billiards Competition Pro: This tournament-ready table features a modern look with dark hardwood, curving lines, and chrome metal accents on the rails and corners. Thick slate and wide rails make it ideal for competition use. Get the Connelly Billiards Competition Pro at Connelly Billiards for $8,295.
Shop for more Connelly Billiards pool tables at:
About the Brand: Playcraft makes entry-level to high-end billiards tables for family use.
Price Range: $ to $$
Playcraft has been building pool tables for more than 70 years. The company markets itself as a manufacturer of pool tables for family fun and occupies a niche between lower-end and higher-end pool tables with a price range that runs from $1,000 to $4,000.
The company makes standard billiards tables as well as pool tables that double as table tennis or dining tables. The company is also one of a handful of pool table manufacturers that makes tables designed for outdoor use.
- Playcraft Glacier Pool Table: The Glacier features a space-saving design that uses a removable tabletop and bench to create a combination pool and dining table, making it ideal for those who may not have room for a pool table. Get the Playcraft Glacier Pool Table at Walmart for $1,730.
- Playcraft Extera Outdoor Pool Table: This outdoor pool table is built to weather the elements thanks to durable construction that includes aluminum rails, anti-rust coatings on the frame, weatherproof cloth, and large feet levelers. Get the Playcraft Extera Outdoor Pool Table at eFamilyFun for $2,595.
- Playcraft Wheaton Pool Table: With its hardwood construction and elegant carved legs and rails, the Wheaton is a great example of the high-quality craftsmanship Playcraft offers with its higher-end pool tables. Get the Playcraft Wheaton Pool Table at GameTablesOnline.com for $3,939.
Shop for more Playcraft pool tables at:
11. Imperial Pool Tables
About the Brand: Imperial Pool Tables offers one of the most extensive collections of pool tables on the market.
Price Range: $ to $$$
Imperial Pool Tables makes a variety of higher-end tables that range in style from traditional to modern. The company boasts a broader variety of pool tables than any other high-end manufacturer. In addition to its wide selection of styles, Imperial’s tables are also valued for their excellent build quality, which includes such features as K66 bumpers, 1-inch-thick slate, and solid wood construction. The company uses a variety of wood species to make its tables including Douglas fir, ash, acacia, and maple, and all of its tables are customizable.
- Imperial Eliminator Pool Table: The Eliminator is one of the more affordable pool tables Imperial offers. It has the sleek look of a commercial pool table with dark wood grain, a laminate finish, and chrome metal rails. Despite its low price, it still has the excellent build quality of Imperial’s higher-end pool tables. Get the Imperial Eliminator Pool Table at PoolTablePlace.com for $1,949.
- Imperial Laredo Pool Table: This pool table is a great example of the build quality Imperial offers. The table features a farmhouse design with solid wood acacia legs and hammered metal rail sides. Get the Imperial Laredo Pool Table at PoolTablePlace.com for $4,499.
- Imperial Rasson Challenger Pool Table: One of Imperial’s highest-end pool tables, the Rasson Challenger has features that make it ideal for commercial use, including leveling systems for the slate surface and legs and an aluminum alloy support beam. Get the Rasson Challenger at PoolTablePlace.com for $6,499.
Shop for more Imperial pool tables at:
12. Empire USA
About the Brand: Empire USA’s pool tables have the quality build of higher-priced pool tables.
Price Range: $$ to $$$
Empire USA, launched in 1980 in Montclair, California, makes a variety of pool tables that fall into the mid-tier market. Empire USA tables consist of handcrafted solid hardwood construction with quality materials, such as 1-inch-thick slate.
As one of few pool table manufacturers that sell direct to consumers, Empire USA is able to offer better prices without compromising quality. However, there are some trade-offs for the company’s more affordable prices. Empire USA’s pool tables aren’t as customizable as more expensive brands and require the customer to purchase the felt separately.
- Empire USA Pool Table SC-500: With its quality construction and low price, this pool table, which only comes in two finish options and a single felt color, exemplifies the value Empire offers if one is willing to forgo the customization options of other brands. Get the Empire USA Pool Table SC-500 at Empire USA for $2,499.
- Empire USA Pool Table SC-514: With its handcrafted solid hardwood legs and features that include 1-inch-thick slate and leather pockets, this classic pool table is a great deal for the price. Get the Empire USA Pool Table SC-514 at Empire USA for $2,949.99.
- Empire USA Pool Table SC-507: Empire’s collection of pool tables generally doesn’t offer many customization options. This model is an exception with four wood finish options. Get the Empire USA Pool Table SC-507 at Empire USA for $2,949.99.
Shop for more Empire USA pool tables at:
How We Chose the Best Pool Table Brands
We used a variety of criteria to narrow the field of pool table brands down to the top 12. In making our selections, we considered brands that offer quality builds for the price. For higher-end brands, we carefully selected those with established names and solid reputations with a long history of constructing pool tables.
The manufacturers that made the list use quality materials, including solid hardwood construction, K66 rubber in their bumpers, and 1-inch-thick slate surfaces. These brands also offer a variety of styles to suit different preferences. In addition to premium brands, we also included manufacturers that make quality pool tables at a more affordable price to suit those who may not be able to commit several thousand dollars to a pool table.