The Best Solar Path Lights for Your Lawn and Garden
Light your walkway with path lights powered by the sun. Ahead, see our top tips and recommendations for choosing among the available options, as well as roundup of top picks.
Path lights helps extend your outdoor hours well past sunset and when solar powered, they don’t even add to your electricity bill. Drawing photovoltaic energy directly from the sun, these lights rely on the day’s sunshine to operate, either via rechargeable battery or remote solar panel. For help selecting solar path lights for your lawn or garden, keep reading for our top tips and recommendations—and don’t miss our roundup of top-favorite picks among the best solar path lights available!
- BRIGHTEST LIGHT: SolarGlow Stainless Steel LED Solar Lights
- BEST COLORS: Blibly Solar Glow Cobblestone Garden Decor
- MOST DRAMATIC: Aityvert Flickering Flame Solar Torches
Consider a number of factors when choosing the solar path lighting.
- Charge: A majority of options on the market have LED (light-emitting diode) lights, which tend to hold a longer and brighter charge than incandescent or fluorescent bulbs. You can typically find the fully-charged run time among the specs provided by the manufacturer.
- Color: Solar-powered sets typically emit a soft white or amber-colored light, though colored lights in hues like red, green, and blue are another playful option to consider. Of the available options, amber lights tend to use less energy and last longer than their white-light counterparts.
- Brightness: The average solar path light delivers an effect similar to that of a 40-watt light bulb, although stronger options are also available. Brightness is measured in lumens. Most solar panel lights have a lumens level of 1 to 30; the higher the number, the brighter the bulb.
- Design: Solar path lights are available in a wide variety of styles. Whether you prefer classic Craftsman designs, Victorian vibes, or ethereal-looking orbs, there’s a light on the market to suit your taste. For a more high-tech lighting solution, consider opting for motion-activated lights, or ones that glow in a flickering pattern like candles.
Our Top Picks
BRIGHTEST LIGHT: SolarGlow Stainless Steel LED Solar Lights
Made of weather-resistant stainless steel, this is a durable set of path lights with notably powerful output. SolarGlow Stainless Steel LED Solar Lights can throw off 15 lumens of light for eight hours or more—a capability that makes these lights a worthy option when brightness is paramount.
BEST COLORS: Blibly Solar Glow Cobblestone Garden Decor
Path lights don’t have to be so formal. For a funky twist on garden lighting, try Blibly’s luminous stones. Each bright cobblestone covers almost 13 by 10 inches of area and features an energy-efficient LED bulb with 16 adjustable color filters. The 2000mAh NiMH battery lasts eight to 10 hours, turning on and off automatically at dusk and dawn.
MOST DRAMATIC: Aityvert Flickering Flame Solar Torches
Add drama to your landscape—or your next backyard bash—with these 43-inch-tall solar torches that mimic the warm glow of firelight. The built-in rechargeable lithium-ion batteries (2200mAH) provide between five and 10 hours of illumination, depending on weather and seasonal conditions, and the lights turn on and off automatically at dusk and dawn.