The Best Things to Buy in February
February may quietly nestle between post-holiday sales and spring discounts, but it’s full of great things to buy on its own.
February is the month of love, especially if that love surrounds great deals. There are a few Valentine’s Day deals floating around, but the best things to buy in February typically fall to their lowest prices leading up to and just after President’s Day.
Brands love to capitalize on shoppers looking to spend money on a holiday, and to rid their existing inventory to make way for spring arrivals. Everything from mattresses and bedding to snow gear goes on sale, and with deep discounts, too. Keep reading to get tips on where to find the best February specials.
Mattresses go on sale for most major national holidays, including President’s Day. These bedroom essentials can be an investment so scoring a discount can get a high-quality mattress at a price that leaves plenty of dollars in the bank. However, be sure to buy a mattress based on sleeper size, sleep style (back, front, or side), and comfort preferences. Don’t snag any old mattress just because it’s on sale.
Here are a few mattress deals worth checking out:
- Purple Plus Mattress at Purple.com for $1,499 ($400 off)
- Nectar Memory Foam Mattress at Nectarsleep.com for $699 (33% off)
- Saatva Classic Mattress at Saatva.com for $1,695 ($300 off)
2. Snow Blowers
As the weather begins to pivot in February, so does snow blower prices. Jump on a good deal to get through the end of a long cold season or get ready for next winter. We’ve tested snow blowers and a few of our favorites are going to prices worth jumping on, including our top pick the Troy-Bilt Storm 26 in. 208 cc Gas Snow Blower.
- Troy-Bilt Storm 26 in. 208 cc Gas Snow Blower at HomeDepot.com for $1,099 (15% off)
- PowerSmart Snow Blower at Amazon.com for $698 (22 percent off plus an additional $100 with coupon)
- Greenworks 40V 20-inch Cordless Brushless Snow Blower at Walmart.com for $149 ($200 off)
3. Headphones and Earbuds
For the audiophiles out there, headphones and earbuds often drop in price around Valentine’s Day and President’s Day. Everything from over-ear models to bone conduction headphones takes a price dive, including some of the top brands. Apple and Bose are known to offer discounts on top products and a few models from seasons past.
- Apple AirPods Pro (2nd Generation) at Amazon.com for $199.99 (20% off)
- Bose QuietComfort 45 Bluetooth Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones on Amazon.com for $279 (15% off)
- Beat Studio3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Over-Ear Headphones for $199.95 (43% off)
Bedding can take a bed from average to heavenly, and February deals let buyers score luxe sheets for less. Many of the best February bedding sales come from mattress manufacturers that discount bedding alongside mattresses. Bedding includes everything from weighted blankets and pillow shams to complete sheet sets made of flannel or crisp percale.
- Helix Plush Mattress Topper at HelixSleep.com for $82.50 (25% off with sitewide Presidents’ Day sale code)
- Tuft & Needle Linen Sheet Set at TuftandNeedle.com for $180 (25% off)
- Becky Cameron Quilted Coverlet and Shams Set at Target.com for $59.99 (14% off)
Whether it’s cast iron or classic baking dishes (we’ve reviewed both), cookware deals pop up like new blossoms come February. Some places, like Williams Sonoma, put entire brands (like Le Creuset) on sale for the month, while others only drop the prices on specific sets. Keep the number of pieces and their sizes in mind while perusing a February sale.
- Le Creuset Classic Enameled Cast Iron Skillet Fry at Williams-Sonoma.com for $119 ($55 off)
- Lagostina Martellata Hammered Copper at Amazon.com for $327.49 (14% off)
- 8-Piece Deep Glass Baking Dish Set at Amazon.com for $39.99 (20% off)
6. Snow Gear
While some stores have already gone through winter inventory, shoppers can often snag impressive deals on boots, snow pants, and ski goggles. It’s a good time to get ready for next winter without spending a fortune. For those shopping for kids, remember to buy big to accommodate summer growth spurts.
- Boulder Gear Front Range Snow Pants at REI.com for $109.73 (31% off)
- REI Co-op Stormhenge Down Hybrid Jacket at REI.com for $154.93 (40% off)
- MOERDENG Women’s Waterproof Ski Jacket at Amazon.com for $39.99 (56% off)
7. Winter Work Gloves
In most places around the country, temperatures are still frigid well into April, May, and even June. Before jumping on a pair of winter work gloves, consider the type of work, material, and fit. For those doing work that requires dexterity, synthetic materials let fingers stay nimble but are lightweight and tough. Heavier leather gloves are a better choice for chores that don’t require as much dexterity, and they’re insulated for added warmth.
- Men’s Deerskin Winter Work Gloves at Amazon.com for 29% off.
- Wells Lamont Men’s FX3 Extreme Dexterity Green Winter Work Gloves at Amazon.com for 20% off.
- toolant Winter Leather Work Gloves at Amazon.com for 28% off.
TVs typically go on sale in late January, but the sales keep on going through February. Televisions come in a wide variety, with different resolutions and newer technologies floating around. Try not to get sucked into buying a resolution that’s beyond what’s needed (hint: most people can’t tell the difference between 4K and 8K). Instead, focus on getting a TV that’s the right size for the space, the available budget, and any smart features needed for optimal viewing.
- Amazon Fire TV 50” at Amazon.com for $319 (32% off)
- Samsung 65-Inch Class QLED Q80B Series at Amazon.com for $1,097.99 (21% off)
- Sony 65 Inch 4K Ultra HD TV at Amazon.com for $1,198 (20% off)
Grills hit the market in February in preparation for spring and summer. Because February isn’t quite grill season, discounts and sales help move inventory early in the year. The best deals may not be on premier brands like Traeger or Blackstone, but many lesser-known brands go for a steal in February. Make sure to get a grill that’s big enough for the crowd you typically entertain. One that’s too small could cause more work than necessary, and one that’s too big could be overkill.
- Weber Spirit E-215 2-Burner Propane Grill on HomeDepot.com at $569 (5% off)
- Nexgrill 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill on HomeDepot.com at $249 (50% off)
- Dyna-Glo 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill on HomeDepot.com at $279 (7% off)
10. Laptop Accessories
Laptop accessories are a good deal in February. Everything from laptop stands and USB hubs to cases and backpacks can make traveling with a laptop simple and convenient. Always check that the accessory is compatible with your device—for example, that the laptop case or sleeve is the right size for your laptop.
- Nulaxy Laptop Stand on Amazon.com at $19.99 (31% off)
- USB C Laptop Docking Station on Amazon.com at $39 (20% off)
- Matein Travel Laptop Backpack on Amazon.com at $29.99 (29% off)