Fresh Ways to
1. Paint the walls or ceiling.
Usually, previously loved items are cheaper, and giving them a new life keeps goods out of landfills.
2. Scope out garage sales and thrift stores.
With some ingenuity or inspiration from online tutorials, you can likely create items you’re thinking of purchasing out of materials you already own or can pick up at a lower price point.
3. Craft new decor.
4. Liven up a room with some houseplants.
You may already have what you need tucked away in the basement, a storage locker, or even another room.
5. Furnish with things you already own
You can replace what is in the frames with affordable digital pieces you can print at home.
7. Replace old art
Freebie websites or Facebook groups are excellent places to source new decor pieces for no money.
8. Keep an eye on freebie websites
Changing the color of your throw pillows or curtains can transform a space with minimal effort.
9. Make small but impactful decor changes
10. Makeover existing items using kitchen ingredients
The simplest way to redecorate is to move your furniture into a different configuration.
11. Rearrange your furniture
Get the Newsletter
Sign up to receive the best tips and tricks, the latest news and giveaways, and the most inspiring home improvement ideas from Bob Vila, America's Handyman since 1979.