HELP. to cheap to replace it !
Kenmore Model 110.82671110,
only 22 years old
Symptoms: Washer fills with water, washes but will not drain or spin.
Actions taken to date:
1. Bypassed the Lid switch and the washer drained and started to spin(did not let it complete). Purchased a new switch and replaced it. When finished replacing the lid switch, I re-started the load. It did not complete. Once again I attempted the bypass nothing happened.
2. Drained the water by lowering the drain hose into buckets in an attempt to see if it was the pump. Machine did not spin.
3. Checked for blockage in the drain line (actually I did that while making a mess on the floor in the step above) all was clear.
4. Unplugged the machine for 1 hour in hopes it needed to be rest. Nothing.
5. Restarted a new load (actually the same load as it still has soap in it) the machine filled, agitated and stopped at the drain cycle.
6. Moved the dial to the last drain cycle after draining again (this time remembering the buckets, and had a mop handy). The machine started the rinse cycle, and stopped at the drain cycle. The timer did not advance after an hour.
Timer? Pump? Everything I read keeps telling me Lid Switch.
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries