Latest Discussions : Tools & Workshop


06:32AM | 05/22/02
Member Since: 05/21/02
5 lifetime posts
I'm interested in squaring up an archway between my living room and dining room. I believe the existing archway is plaster.
Should I tackle it with a saw zaw? What
else do I need to do after cutting away the arch?

Mark Hammond

07:39PM | 05/22/02
Member Since: 05/09/01
246 lifetime posts
Hi Bobster,
I believe that when you remove the plaster from the opening that you will find that behind it is a metal arch that forms the shape. It can be removed by taking out the nails. That should leave you with a squared opening and you will need to do cosmetic work to clean up the area where the plaster is located. By the way the tool you mentioned is a "sawzall" a nickname given to what is correctly called a reciprocating saw. Good luck....Mark Hammond

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button