Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous

santj1

12:00PM | 01/14/07
Member Since: 01/13/07
1 lifetime posts
I have lived I my house for 18 years and have never had a mold problem.

I recently have been remodeling. As part of the remodel I removed a 3'x8' window in a bedroom and patched the inside whole with drywall.

Four days ago the Drywall Contractor applied the second coat of joint compound. The door has been open during the day and closed at night, with the inside temperature around 70 degrees during the day and 62 degrees at night.

Today I noticed mold growing on and around the joint compound. Should I be concerned? Or, is this just a tempory problem until the joint compound dries?

I have attached a photo

Thanks
335 mold growing on new

mortizx

04:07PM | 10/11/07
Member Since: 10/10/07
1 lifetime posts
Im still waiting for an answer... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

awintheiser

06:03AM | 11/13/07
Member Since: 11/12/07
1 lifetime posts
Mold can certainly be dangerous. If there is a lot of mold growth you should replace the drywall. When you tear down the old stuff you should us a 3M respirator with a P100 filter disk.

Here is link to what you would need.

3M 7500

http://www.coopersafety.com/item/100540/3M-7500-Series-Half-Mask-Respirator.aspx

3M P100 Filters

https://www.coopersafety.com/item/100939/3M-2091-P100-Respirator-Filter.aspx

Here is some more good information for you. http://www.toxic-black-mold-info.com/moldclean.htm

Cooper Safety

http://www.coopersafety.com




Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button

Anonymous

Post new button or Login button
Register