Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting


12:38PM | 08/14/03
Member Since: 08/13/03
2 lifetime posts
What is the technical name for the plug in outlet in the bathroom that is restable? Y'know, the one that is supposed to be for razors only and has a reset button that turns out the lights? Anyone...


05:01PM | 08/14/03
Member Since: 06/03/01
324 lifetime posts
Think you mean a GFCI (Ground Fault Interupter Circuit). They are required by most codes when near sinks (or water).


06:08PM | 08/20/03
Member Since: 09/17/02
524 lifetime posts
The ones for razors only I suspect are a little more than a gfci. They also have overcurrent protection in them so you can't use a hair dryer. These sound like devices I have seen in hotels. Home gfci receptacles will not riop for hair dryer current.

Joe Tedesco

06:31AM | 08/31/03
Member Since: 07/27/02
140 lifetime posts

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button