Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting


05:40AM | 09/06/04
Member Since: 09/05/04
1 lifetime posts
I just bought a house and found that 2 outlets are not grounded. Can I just simply buy a grounded outlet and replace this one, or do I have to ground the existing one?


07:27AM | 09/07/04
Member Since: 09/17/02
524 lifetime posts
There needs to be a ground connection in the box. You can not just buy a 3 prong receptacle and replace 2 prong receptacle.

If you are using a surge supressor on this receptacle then you need a true ground. Otherwise you can replace the 2 prong witha a 3 prong if you use a GFCI receptacle.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button