We have the Masonite that was part of the class action and only really need to replace about 5 or 6 planks. We got scammed by a bogus construction company last October (took our 1/2 deposit and tore down the chimney and disappeared), so the budget has been cut drastically. (We were supposed to have the entire house resided with Hardiplank.)
I really only need 5 or 6 pieces to replace the ones that actually show rot. The rest of the house is really fine. I guess they were sealed properly and covered by the soffits.
My problem is finding the stuff. I've checked several lumber yards here (north of Houston, TX) but they all tell me it's all gone.
2 of them had one type of Masonite, but it didn't match mine. I have the 3 beveled (looking) 10" wide x 15 or 16' planks to do the repairs for now.
Does ANYONE know of any location that still has any of this in stock? I've done searches on google, yahoo, msn, etc., but get nothing.
Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Also, anybody have any experience in small claims with con artists? We found where the guy lives who owned this bogus company, but he claims he doesn't have any money...and we have an 'open ended contract' so he feels I don't have a leg to stand on in court. I've learned my lesson.....don't trust anyone!
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects