- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Restoration > Episode 5: Roof Work and Lighting
Installing Recessed Lighting Fixtures
Project: Victorian Restoration, Episode 5, Part 3
At the main house, Charlie Tomaszewski and crew are making repairs to the decorative dentilation, as well as working on the shingles and a new gutter system. Inside, electrician Barry Driscoll is putting in new recessed light fixtures from Lightolier.
- Part 1: HVAC System Installation
- Part 2: Installing Architectural Shingles and Skylight
- Part 3: Installing Recessed Lighting Fixtures
- Barry Driscoll (from Driscoll Electric) is installing some new Lightolier recessed fixtures specially designed for use in remodels. These are low-voltage fixtures with new evolution trim, Lightolier's recessed style light.
As Bob is trying to preserve the original horsehair and plaster ceiling, Barry carefully makes space for the housing of the fixture with a hole saw. Next, he uses a Rotozip to cut through the old lath. Then, he moves some of the existing insulation at least 3 inches away from any part of the light that will be recessed into the ceiling.
- Part 4: Decorative Trim and Removing or Repairing Old Shingles
The home's new owners, a work-at-home family, have set goals to modernize the home's floor plan, update the building's mechanical and electrical systems, and add home office and work spaces for two busy professionals.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN RESTORATION