- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Miami Beach Condo > Episode 1: Miami Real Estate Search
Evaluating the Miami Beach One-Bedroom
Project: Miami Beach Condo, Episode 1, Part 3
With the help of realtor Gina Kirkpatrick, Bob finds the ideal fixer-upper. Bob and architect Michael Pierce walk through the dated rooms, brainstorming ways to admit more light into the condo and to make this 950-square-foot space feel less cramped.
Looking onto Biscayne Bay from the terrace of the apartment, Bob imagines the condo being a vacation home. With that specific image in mind, Bob prepares to usher in a fresher, less confined look and feel.
- Part 1: History of Miami Beach & Tour of Fountainbleau
- Part 2: Locating the Ideal Miami Condo Fixer-Upper
- Part 3: Evaluating the Miami Beach One-Bedroom
- From the 6' x 14' deck, there is a stunning view north along the Intercoastal Waterway. At night, you can see the skyline. Within the apartment, however, there is an oppressive, cramped feeling, created in part by the low ceilings and dark shag carpeting, and in part by the warren of small rooms and closets comprising the core of the layout.
The kitchen is converted into an elegant dining space looking onto the living area, while a closet is transformed into a bar with recessed lighting and glass shelves. And the small bathroom turns into an oasis with luminous glass tile, a wash of color, and sleek new fixtures.
Pocket doors with an antique-look are installed so as to separate the living and sleeping spaces, and furniture is selected to reflect Miami's unique personality.
Finally, the outdoor space overlooking Biscayne Bay is made practical and, perhaps most importantly, comfortable.
ALL EPISODES IN MIAMI BEACH CONDO