- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Miami Beach Condo > Episode 2: Miami Condo Demolition & Designer House Tour
Discussing Controlled Demolition in a High-Rise
Project: Miami Beach Condo, Episode 2, Part 2
A tour of a recently remodeled condo in the same complex gives Bob some ideas for design treatments that work in small spaces.
- Part 1: Discussing Architectural Ideas for the Miami Condo
- Part 2: Discussing Controlled Demolition in a High-Rise
- Project supervisor Dave Southard of DS Woodworks goes into detail about the difference between demolition in a high-rise and demolition in single-family home.
Southard outlines steps to minimize the disruption to other building inhabitants. He also devises a demolition plan, which includes grouping materials for removal in stages.
Gilson Novaes, a demolition expert, details the order of the demolition. The plan is to salvage some of the materials for reuse.
- Part 3: Seeking Design Ideas for the Miami Condo
The kitchen is converted into an elegant dining space looking onto the living area, while a closet is transformed into a bar with recessed lighting and glass shelves. And the small bathroom turns into an oasis with luminous glass tile, a wash of color, and sleek new fixtures.
Pocket doors with an antique-look are installed so as to separate the living and sleeping spaces, and furniture is selected to reflect Miami's unique personality.
Finally, the outdoor space overlooking Biscayne Bay is made practical and, perhaps most importantly, comfortable.
ALL EPISODES IN MIAMI BEACH CONDO