- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Miami Beach Condo > Episode 6: Installing Bath Fixtures and a Water-Cooled HVAC System
Installing Moen Faucets in the Bathroom Vanity
Project: Miami Beach Condo, Episode 6, Part 4
Heating and cooling systems are established by way of a closet HVAC installation. The self-monitoring, water-cooled HVAC unit has an automatic shutoff valve that prevents damage in case of malfunction.
- Part 1: Installing a Toto One-Piece Toilet
- Part 2: Touring a Pierce Allen-Designed Apartment
- Part 3: Installing a Water-Cooled HVAC System
- Part 4: Installing Moen Faucets in the Bathroom Vanity
- Carlos Leuchtmann of Blue Ridge Plumbing joins Bob to install a faucet and handles from the Moen Kingsley line. Leuchtmann begins by installing the hose lines to the faucet system using the quick-connect lock tabs beneath the vanity.
The faucet screws on from the top with an Allen wrench. Since all the fittings have already been set by Leuchtmann according to the homeowners' wishes, he only needs to screw them on. (Before installing faucet handles, Leuchtmann always checks with customers to see whether they prefer their handles straight or angled).
The kitchen is converted into an elegant dining space looking onto the living area, while a closet is transformed into a bar with recessed lighting and glass shelves. And the small bathroom turns into an oasis with luminous glass tile, a wash of color, and sleek new fixtures.
Pocket doors with an antique-look are installed so as to separate the living and sleeping spaces, and furniture is selected to reflect Miami's unique personality.
Finally, the outdoor space overlooking Biscayne Bay is made practical and, perhaps most importantly, comfortable.
ALL EPISODES IN MIAMI BEACH CONDO