I am attempting to install post style curtain holdbacks into drywall. They stick out 4 inches from the wall and are made of cast iron, so they're pretty heavy. After drilling a narrow test hole to make sure there was no stud there, I tried to screw a plastic drywall anchor in, only to have it cause the drywall to "erupt" around the anchor when it was almost all in. I took it out & drilled further to make sure it had room. this time it went it, but the damage had already been done: when I screwed the post into it, the plastic anchor broke and the whole thing fell out, leaving an even bigger hole, and the plastic tip still in the wall! Can anyone suggest a solution to securing these posts? (I have to use the relatively short (1") screws they came with because I can't find longer ones with fine threads that fit into the post end). Thanks.
Drywall on basement walls...
plastering on drywall
The latest feeble wall design in bathroom mounting h...
SIP Panel Electrical boxes?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes