We are thinking about getting an attic fan. Our attic seems to be about 150F most of this summer. Who would we look for to do this job -- an electrician? an HVAC person? Please advise. Also ... we had forever-paint done on our home about seven years ago. We only recently have realized that they had painted much of the soffit vents (long thin holes under the gutters). Can those long thin metal things be replaced? Who would we call about that? A carpenter? Could a carpenter do both jobs (the fan and replacing the soffit vents)? Please write soon if possible, as we don't have a/c, and our cape home is very, very hot. Thank you!
Does your home have a ridge vent or does it only have the soffits? This is an important question if you are considering an exhaust fan. Yes the vents can be replaced. How high up is the house?
My husband says that we do have a ridge vent. Will you please tell me what that is? Also, our house is a two floor Cape home. In the front, our roof slopes down to the first floor, and our second floor, in the front, has two dormers. I've seen soffit vents across the front of our house, left to right, near the gutter. I've also seen one above our deck (it sits against a one floor room that connects the house to the garage). The back of our cape home has two full floors, and our gutters are above the second floor. I've never seen them. Where do they usually place soffit vents? Again, I'm concerned because the painters painted over much of the openings on them. Hope this helps. Thank you.
Roof and soffit vents
Is it OK to put stationary louvers (vents) to vent s...
Attic fan for garage
Soffit vents and cathedral ceilings
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING