We are thinking about getting an attic fan. Our attic seems to be about 150F most of this summer. Who would we look for to do this job -- an electrician? an HVAC person? Please advise. Also ... we had forever-paint done on our home about seven years ago. We only recently have realized that they had painted much of the soffit vents (long thin holes under the gutters). Can those long thin metal things be replaced? Who would we call about that? A carpenter? Could a carpenter do both jobs (the fan and replacing the soffit vents)? Please write soon if possible, as we don't have a/c, and our cape home is very, very hot. Thank you!
Does your home have a ridge vent or does it only have the soffits? This is an important question if you are considering an exhaust fan. Yes the vents can be replaced. How high up is the house?
My husband says that we do have a ridge vent. Will you please tell me what that is? Also, our house is a two floor Cape home. In the front, our roof slopes down to the first floor, and our second floor, in the front, has two dormers. I've seen soffit vents across the front of our house, left to right, near the gutter. I've also seen one above our deck (it sits against a one floor room that connects the house to the garage). The back of our cape home has two full floors, and our gutters are above the second floor. I've never seen them. Where do they usually place soffit vents? Again, I'm concerned because the painters painted over much of the openings on them. Hope this helps. Thank you.
Roof and soffit vents
Is it OK to put stationary louvers (vents) to vent s...
Attic fan for garage
Soffit vents and cathedral ceilings
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!