We are thinking about getting an attic fan. Our attic seems to be about 150F most of this summer. Who would we look for to do this job -- an electrician? an HVAC person? Please advise. Also ... we had forever-paint done on our home about seven years ago. We only recently have realized that they had painted much of the soffit vents (long thin holes under the gutters). Can those long thin metal things be replaced? Who would we call about that? A carpenter? Could a carpenter do both jobs (the fan and replacing the soffit vents)? Please write soon if possible, as we don't have a/c, and our cape home is very, very hot. Thank you!
Does your home have a ridge vent or does it only have the soffits? This is an important question if you are considering an exhaust fan. Yes the vents can be replaced. How high up is the house?
My husband says that we do have a ridge vent. Will you please tell me what that is? Also, our house is a two floor Cape home. In the front, our roof slopes down to the first floor, and our second floor, in the front, has two dormers. I've seen soffit vents across the front of our house, left to right, near the gutter. I've also seen one above our deck (it sits against a one floor room that connects the house to the garage). The back of our cape home has two full floors, and our gutters are above the second floor. I've never seen them. Where do they usually place soffit vents? Again, I'm concerned because the painters painted over much of the openings on them. Hope this helps. Thank you.
Roof and soffit vents
Is it OK to put stationary louvers (vents) to vent s...
Attic fan for garage
Soffit vents and cathedral ceilings
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers