My house was replanked mid-summer. The paint is peeling, perhaps separating is a better word, along the joint line between the hardi and the subfascia wood all along the perimeter (including the gables). The paint is holding up (for now) along the front, it's just along the joint line.
The fascia lower edge is flush with the subfascia, it does not extend lower.
The house got painted roughly 30 minutes before it started raining. Is this the cause, or should the fascia be wider as opposed to even with the subfascia or should the joint line have been caulked (it wasn't)?
Is the fascia sitting on top of the soffit or pass the edge so you can see the bottom ? This joint is exposed to weather and will swell then shrink, (move).. it should hang down below the soffit. 30 minutes is not enough time for any paint to set-up and repel rain. Cut joint edges should be painted too.
The subfascia extends past the soffit. Is it ok to peel off the old paint along the bottom, caulk and repaint?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes